Modern Mopar fender tag

3C's & a D?

Reaction score
I saw this tag at the scrapyard, went back two days later with a drill and the car was gone. I've never come across a modern LX (Magnum, 300, Charger) with a tag under the hood. This is an extremely early build so perhaps that has something to do with it?

It was located on the passenger side strut tower which oddly was a different stamping that later models. I've decoded the obvious. Bottom line is the serial number, PPK is the paint code, magnesium pearl, RWD I would assume means rear wheel drive, it wasn't AWD. And LXCP48 is the body code.

Can anyone add to that? And has anyone else ever seen another?

@69CoronetRT @Dobalovr

PXL_20230420_205655523~2.jpg
PXL_20230420_205655523.jpg
image.jpg

My ‘04 300 has one but it’s under the top layer of stuff under the hood. You have to gain access to the battery to see it.

My ‘04 300 has one but it’s under the top layer of stuff under the hood. You have to gain access to the battery to see it.
I'm slightly confused, you say it's under the top layer of stuff under the hood, do you mean the giant plastic Hemi cover? Your '04 300's battery should be in the trunk, which is what has me confused.

I'm slightly confused, you say it's under the top layer of stuff under the hood, do you mean the giant plastic Hemi cover? Your '04 300's battery should be in the trunk, which is what has me confused.
04 was the last year for the 3.5L V6 front wheel drive.

04 was the last year for the 3.5L V6 front wheel drive.
Ahh yes, last of the cab forwards. Just looking at this tag for a while had me thinking it was an '04. It's a 2005 produced in February 2004. I never knew it's predecessor had tags, perhaps it was a carried over tradition that didn't last.

Here is the broadcast sheet Grant. Very interesting it had a fender tag I am going to look for one on my 06 now lol.

It was a rental originally then sold to someone in Edmonton.

1705430592248.png

1705430632503.png

LXCP48 is the model code for a Magnum SXT Q5D1 is the interior code for cloth buckets in graystone YAC is build to Canada Specs EGG is 3.5L HO V6 APA is Monotone Paint

Back