Monaco update

Marian

Reaction score
Like I've said on a previous post...I've had some bumps in the road and found alternate route and now I'm back. The plus sized girl is back in a shop and being worked on. This time it's a reputable shop and they are good at what they do. They are not impressed with previous work done in Texas and some of it will have to be redone but they will make sure that the car is safe. That is their main concern. The are thinking that she may need to be repainted. Tim (polarahardtop66) already told me that. I am so disappointed in the upholstery work but have decided that it's ok for now. Any one that has followed me on the restoration of my baby knows that I wanted pure stock original. Now sit down for this....I'm now ok with just get her running so I can drive her. I know....shock!! I've had almost a year to realize that some things are important and some things are not. I'm not saying this resto is not important, I'm saying getting it perfect is something I can work on down the road. I just need to drive her. My goal now is to have her ready by Spring and possibly show up at the next Carlisle so I can have that long road trip and of course...meet some of ya'll. While I will not be doing any work on her personally, I'm still involved. I'm gonna have some specific questions so I hope you all chime in. I've really missed you guys and for those that don't know me, please don't change the way you act. I'm just one of the guys...well....kindof. (I do wear dresses once in a while.)
Marian

Yes, the engine would have been painted after complete assembly.
Sorry to hear about the issues with the poor quality of work at the previous shop, any details you'd like to share?

I know how you all enjoy pics. Here is her last trailer ride...hopefully.
Monaco Nov15(1).jpg

Monaco Nov15(1).jpg

I just need to drive her. My goal now is to have her ready by Spring and possibly show up at the next Carlisle so I can have that long road trip and of course...meet some of ya'll. While I will not be doing any work on her personally, I'm still involved. I'm gonna have some specific questions so I hope you all chime in. I've really missed you guys and for those that don't know me, please don't change the way you act. I'm just one of the guys...well....kindof. (I do wear dresses once in a while.)

Marian
Hey Marian !

Really glad to see you back here. We missed you. Also, if you show up at Carlisle next year, I'll wear a dress too.

Rip

Yes, the engine would have been painted after complete assembly.
Sorry to hear about the issues with the poor quality of work at the previous shop, any details you'd like to share?
So water pump needs to be painted. Any idea of what color? Color code? Problems with old shop: painted bolts in the wrong color, some screws were not prepped prior to putting them back on and now I have rust marks on newly painted surfaces, they attempted to torque down lug nuts in the wrong direction. As far as the upholstery goes, ok job but I would have thought that the coils should have been sand blasted and repainted. Coils are really rusty. Some parts didn't make it into the car when they packed it up for transport. They had lost some parts. Anyway....I could go on and on, but won't. It won't change anything. Just glad its at a reputable shop now. Learning lesson!!!

Engine should be turquoise.

Hello marian,
If you can live with the paint job I believe a light wet sand and thorough buff job will Improve it greatly. From what I remember the paint job appeared to have been sprayed too dry, But it can be made to look decent. The yacht just begs to be driven!

....I will solve the Mystery of who You are. My lead Detective, Stan will surely help me get to the bottom of this on going Saga.
To Be continued......

....I will solve the Mystery of who You are. My lead Detective, Stan will surely help me get to the bottom of this on going Saga.
To Be continued......

Spammer. When he replies, he inserts a hyperlink to some clothing wholesale site. No, I didn't click on it, just hovered over it to see what it was linking to.

Back