For Sale mopar 6 pack - $2800 (Yorba Linda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Was there a Gold Mine recently discovered in Yorba Linda? This guy seems to think so.

mopar 6 pack

(sorry no pics)

1968 -1969 mopar 440 factory 6 pack with O E M cast iron manifold casting # 2946276 , factory fresh air style , chrome air cleaner, with like new black filter element , gas lines , carb linkage , P C valve with hose, it is missing the choke , These have been in my garage for 25 years . Nice clean O E M set up .This was a completely rebuilt ready to go when I got them, Probably could use new gaskets.

post id: 6733403519
posted: 2018-10-26 12:15pm

It sounds like it is a complete 6 pack set up including carburetors that were previously rebuilt, linkage and other parts. Given the relatively few that were built in production, this price doesn't seem out of line to me at least. He really needs to include a photo of what he has, as the air cleaner may or may not be the correct one.

Here is a photo of a correct set up on my 70 Cuda - you can see the complexity and what is involved in putting one of these unique pieces together. And it depends on just which model of vehicle the parts are going on, as they varied too in terms of which air cleaner is used, etc.

Cuda #3 (6).jpg

I don't think that's out of line, look at what a complete new setup goes for, and this is a correct numbers matching unit for that guy that has to have one for his car. If I was still looking for a setup I'd be very interested in this one. I have two Weiand Cross ram manifolds with sixpac carbs, one stock setup and one race setup, and they were $1500 and $2000. I may have overpaid a little, but I think I came out ok, the intakes are selling for around a grand alone. I'm biased and wanted an overpriced setup, so why not buy two? Money's gone, and I have some cool garage art while I decide their fate.

I'd buy this one if I had money, cause three is better than two.

Oh yeah, John Force lives there, so stuff must cost more, right?

Last edited:
Yea I guess $400 over today's retail price ain't to much to ask for OEM eh?

I've seen just recent (with pictures) cheaper.

Yea I guess $400 over today's retail price ain't to much to ask for OEM eh?

I've seen just recent (with pictures) cheaper.
What condition were they in? A rebuilt setup for $2800, complete, seems reasonable. I bought mine out of pure good old, "I want it" attitude. It was an interesting summer buying intakes a year or two ago.

Rebuilt 25 years ago will need to be all gone over again so worthless mentioning that.

(edit) plus no 6 pack/bbl in 1968 and 1969 1/2 had aluminum manifold, with cast iron ??? introduced when 1970/71?

Then there's the 1969 & 1972 GTX 6bbl that never existed.

Last edited:
Rebuilt 25 years ago will need to be all gone over again so worthless mentioning that.
Gaskets and what else? I ask because I'm sure both of mine need a going over. Best case scenario, what else needs replacing? Not many wear items.

Diaphragms that are 25 years old? would you trust them?
I was trying to think of what was rubber inside. I've played with Edelbrock carbs mostly, screwed up the tuning on my Holley 750 DP, and I haven't touched one in years.

If the 3 Holley carbs he has are originals, I would consider them worthless, as they were junk and warped early on. Plan on getting a new set of those 3 Holley carburetors that are remanufactured and to a much higher quality standard if you ever want the car to run well (and they have been available for some 25 years now too). That is what I did, but they weren't cheap either.

(edit) plus no 6 pack/bbl in 1968 and 1969 1/2 had aluminum manifold, with cast iron ??? introduced when 1970/71?

Then there's the 1969 & 1972 GTX 6bbl that never existed.

For 69 1/2 the 6BBL setups were aluminum and bought directly from Edlebrock. The '70-71 were cast with the Mopar logo.

Dave

Yea so in the fall of 1970 I bought my first 1968 PK21 with the 440 6bbl in it (it was orig 383) and it had the cast iron manifold. Soooo I really don't think it had many miles on the engine eh?

Yea so in the fall of 1970 I bought my first 1968 PK21 with the 440 6bbl in it (it was orig 383) and it had the cast iron manifold. Soooo I really don't think it had many miles on the engine eh?

Your typical police cruiser of that era that was used for highway patrol would usually get a new engine at 70k or sooner if it died before that. Some agencies replaced the cars at 70k, some replaced the engines with new crate units and ran them another two years. A safe bet would be to take the car mileage when you bought it and deduct 70k for mileage on the new engine. Cruiser engines led a hard life because they might spend 4-6 hours a shift idling and then get called out for a 100+mph chase. 383's usually had a longer service life than the 440.

Dave

If the 3 Holley carbs he has are originals, I would consider them worthless, as they were junk and warped early on. Plan on getting a new set of those 3 Holley carburetors that are remanufactured and to a much higher quality standard if you ever want the car to run well (and they have been available for some 25 years now too). That is what I did, but they weren't cheap either.

If that is indeed an OEM off an original sixpak car setup, those carbs are a long way off from worthless. Someone restoring a real Vcode car would gladly trade a new reproduction setup for it which is actually more than the asking price now.

Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back