For Sale mopar 6 pack - $2800 (Yorba Linda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is indeed an OEM off an original sixpak car setup, those carbs are a long way off from worthless. Someone restoring a real Vcode car would gladly trade a new reproduction setup for it which is actually more than the asking price now.

Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

Kevin

Well, it wouldn't be cheap to get them to run reliably again, nor would they last long even if they were successful in the rebuilding before the air horns or something else warped. I believe I still have my original carbs, so maybe I should unload them if they are that valuable. Seems kind of silly to care that much about original in that case, when you can't even see the carbs at least with my setup. I want my car to run reliably because I actually do drive it more than any of my others at the present time. But thanks for the insight.

Funny, there was another bookmark I saw today as I was checking for deleted & expired.

Saw this as the first picture of the ad and a minimal title but a 35k price.

00y0y_lHZOf4UI2mh_1200x900.jpg

WHAT! I said, heh had to decipher the minimal text in the ad to see it was a fairly complete (parts) v code car.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Well, it wouldn't be cheap to get them to run reliably again, nor would they last long even if they were successful in the rebuilding before the air horns or something else warped. I believe I still have my original carbs, so maybe I should unload them if they are that valuable. Seems kind of silly to care that much about original in that case, when you can't even see the carbs at least with my setup. I want my car to run reliably because I actually do drive it more than any of my others at the present time. But thanks for the insight.

Lol. You just described every Holley ever made.

Kevin

Lol. You just described every Holley ever made.

Kevin

Actually, I have no complaints regarding the newer ones, as they run fine. The ones on my Cuda have been on there for some 25 years and except for the problems ethanol in fuel present, they have run just fine. Actually, they run really well. The accelerator pump system, while more of a leak hazard than the Carters for example, really respond much better than Carters in general off the line and the low speed transitions are better as well. Just a stronger feel than the Carters, probably also because the flow curves seem to be a little richer off idle.

On the72 GTX 440 six pac, I did see one apparently only a few were made, a friend had it if was a green 4 spd car AND it was a Gull wing car,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back