Mopar Recall 16" wheels to Polara cab -70

no better way to prove :D

recal2.jpg

recal3.jpg

recal1.jpg

I,m confused........ i turned the first picture and it looks 15 to me.........?????
But the sticker says 16.........?????
upload_2020-10-8_17-59-3.png

View attachment 411388

I feel like I've seen these before, but I can't place them. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

Jeff

Maybe I can help as a start....................they look like the Motor Wheel aftermarket polycast exeter wheel back in the early 70s. I am not sure what version you are showing or its application though, as it isn't exactly like the images I am showing below, but close enough to assume they are by Motor Wheel.

Motor Wheel offered these wheels in the aftermarket as Polycast Exeter wheels but they were also an option on full size Oldsmobiles as well back in the day..........................

MotorWheelExciterGM_zpsf1b12444.jpg

Here is a photo of them offered as an option on Oldsmobile Delta 88 models with the Oldsmobile logo.

129792.jpg

I had a set of the aftermarket version by Motor Wheel on my tan 70 Chrysler 300 coupe back in the day myself just because I liked the look. Although I changed over to the Chrysler road wheels a few years after buying my car (used back in 1971) I used the Motor Wheels up until about 1974. I still have them and still like the look.

Last edited:
i keep thinking datsun but i don't think that is right either :confused:

Maybe I can help as a start....................they look like the Motor Wheel aftermarket polycast exeter wheel back in the early 70s. I am not sure what version you are showing or its application though, as it isn't exactly like the images I am showing below, but close enough to assume they are by Motor Wheel.

Motor Wheel offered these wheels in the aftermarket as Polycast Exeter wheels but they were also an option on full size Oldsmobiles as well back in the day..........................

The Oldsmobile wheels came to mind as being similar, but I'm picturing something European from the late 1970's or early 80's.

A friend of mine bought an Olds that had those polycast wheels on it. I believe that they are quite rare. Including his, I've only ever seen two cars with them. I do think they are sharp looking too.

Jeff

16 inch? Are you measuring the wheel from outside edge, to outside edge? The correct way is to measure from Bead to Bead. That should give you the correct measurement of 15 inches. The "Recall" wheels had a problem with the lug nuts working loose, make sure you torque them to the correct value, and check them often.
I made the same mistake on a set of Dakota wheels. I could not fond factory size markings anywhere on them, so I measured lip to lip. Offered them for sale as 16" rims. The guy who bought them contacted me very quickly when he learned they were 15s. I still have them.

What I found hard to believe is some guy had told the buyer 15s would not fit on a Dakota, but they are Dakota wheels. My gardener has the same set! Didn't argue, gave his money back.

Anyone looking for a set of Dakota 15s? :lol:

9F195117-7C00-4F35-870C-E5E329482ED0.jpeg
EDEB2B84-3A55-42A3-B6CC-48E68764AD99.jpeg
EDEB2B84-3A55-42A3-B6CC-48E68764AD99.jpeg

An original set of four KH 15’s” saved from destruction...going on a 69 Sport Fury Convertible...

Last edited:
It was on offer, but I’ve decided to caretake it awhile longer and enjoy it.

But we can’t keep them forever so at some point....

Folks are kinda talking as if they are the same - but the Olds and the Exeters are different wheels.
Olds has a recess where the centercap goes, and also uses a trim ring (red circle).
The bowl going toward the lugnut area looks a little more vertical, which causes the blue line, the valley between the 'funnels', to maybe be shorter on Olds.
The funnels are different size (Exeter is larger), and the Olds looks to funnel to the rim bead, while Exeter toward the lugnuts (look at the areas marked in magenta). A
Olds funnel looks much taller (deeper valley) as can be seen in the ebay picture. Picture also shows it without a trim ting.

Some of these differences might be exaggerated by the angles of view, but the wheels are definitely not the same.
But likely both were made by the same company.

1651760020256.png

1651760855069.png

Back