K1600_DSC01305.JPG

K1600_DSC01309.JPG

K1600_DSC01311.JPG

K1600_DSC01312.JPG

K1600_DSC01313.JPG

K1600_DSC01314.JPG

K1600_DSC01316.JPG

K1600_DSC01317.JPG

Turtle or tortoise roof ?? we´ve the same word for both animals in german.. I just learned the
difference between this version and the gator roof from Carsten while standing next to this Newport

K1600_DSC01318.JPG

K1600_DSC01320.JPG

K1600_DSC01321.JPG

K1600_DSC01322.JPG

K1600_DSC01323.JPG

K1600_DSC01325.JPG

K1600_DSC01326.JPG

K1600_DSC01327.JPG

K1600_DSC01328.JPG

K1600_DSC01329.JPG

although no c bodies but I´d like to share this amazing line up of 1970 challengers
and the stunning patina on this roadrunner .. or superbee or .. sorry but no c body so I´m not 100% sure but someone in here will help me out

K1600_DSC01347 - Kopie.JPG

K1600_DSC01342.JPG

K1600_DSC01350.JPG

Am I dreaming or did the beautiful 1969 teal / turquoise Newport sedan originally come from Canada?

k1600_dsc01321-jpg.184094

Comparing small details, that must be the same car. Assuming it is, part of its history has been documented on another thread here. Here it is in 2015, straight from the mouth (and the pen) of its savior one or two years earlier:

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/1969-chrysler-newport-the-oppo-review-1682185707

If memory serves, the car was listed for sale in Ontario in 2016 and sold on eBay:

1969 Chrysler Newport Teal for sale ebay | Used Cars for Sale

Last edited:
At first I wasn't so convinced that perhaps a matching color to my interior color on my white 1970 Newport Custom for the exterior would be preferable as Carmine suggested (in my case that would be turquoise). But seeing this 1970 Newport Custom with black interior, green tortoise grain vinyl top, and green exterior colors, in this case green even, are compelling.

k1600_dsc01317-jpg.jpg

One of my favorites of the this show.
Virtually all of the cars are well taken care of, which is very nice to see!
Thanks for sharing.

At first I wasn't so convinced that perhaps a matching color to my interior color on my white 1970 Newport Custom for the exterior would be preferable as Carmine suggested (in my case that would be turquoise). But seeing this 1970 Newport Custom with black interior, green tortoise grain vinyl top, and green exterior colors, in this case green even, are compelling.

View attachment 184117

One of my favorites of the this show.
Virtually all of the cars are well taken care of, which is very nice to see!
Thanks for sharing.

Steve this Newport Custom is FY4 gold not green.It is hard to see in the pictures

604.JPG

Am I dreaming or did the beautiful 1969 teal / turquoise Newport sedan originally come from Canada?

k1600_dsc01321-jpg.184094

Comparing small details, that must be the same car. Assuming it is, part of its history has been documented on another thread here. Here it is in 2015, straight from the mouth (and the pen) of its savior one or two years earlier:

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/1969-chrysler-newport-the-oppo-review-1682185707

If memory serves, the car was listed for sale in Ontario in 2016 and sold on eBay:

1969 Chrysler Newport Teal for sale ebay | Used Cars for Sale

yes, it is the same car.
I posted some pics of the Q4 Newport in this thread

This kid is hip,,,69 Newport

Steve this Newport Custom is FY4 gold not green.It is hard to see in the pictures

View attachment 184213

Then I like it even more! I have a 1971 300 coupe in a color close to that one then I believe called crystal dawn metallic, or GY5 that also varies between very pale gold and very light pale green depending on the sunlight on it. I love the way that car looks too. Below is a photo of the car just after I bought it on a mountain top in Colorado but had not transported it home yet. Getting it off the mountain top was quite an adventure.

71 Chrysler 300 2 door view 2 from Colorado.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics, thanks! I’d love to make it to that show.

yes, it is the same car.
I posted some pics of the Q4 Newport in this thread

This kid is hip,,,69 Newport

Oops, I'd missed your post. Thank you. Is the new owner a member here? If not, would he be willing to share (through you) more of what he know about / what he's done to the car in the past couple of years? More info would be great here or on the other thread you just linked to. I love that car.

It looks like I'll eventually have to move to Germany to keep enjoying car shows...

Not necessarily. There is Carlisle, of course, which I am rather excited to be attending this year for the first time. In addition, I've been thinking that we could also have some US tours/meets for C bodies.

I am not talking about super-long cross-country tours, but before Dave @polara71 moves to Idaho (perhaps Memorial Day, Labor Day, or Columbus Day weekend, or perhaps a more sedate weekend when there'll be less traffic -- weather permitting), I'd sure like to have a bunch of FCBO members meet around (say) Newark or Baltimore and then make a tour around the mid-Atlantic. Could be with a stayover somewhere, could be a day event.

Here is an example of what I have in mind. Meet in the morning on the lot in front of the old Chrysler plant in Newark, Delaware. Start a caravan, taking Rt. DE-72 then Rt. DE-9 south to Bowers, DE (that's about 1.5 hours; it'll be slower than taking Rt. DE-1, but should be less crowded). Have lunch in Bowers on the wharf; there is a big parking lot nearby. After lunch, the caravan would drive to Stevensville, MD and have a bite/drinks at Hemingway's. The view of the Bay Bridge is pretty close to perfect, and the small airport next to it would provide a pretty good backdrop for our fuselage cars.

After Hemingway's, we could then split up into smaller groups to return to our respective main bases.

I asked Dave about the idea, and he liked it. If there is some interest, let me know. I don't want to hijack this thread, so will start a new thread if there is interest.

Oops, I'd missed your post. Thank you. Is the new owner a member here? If not, would he be willing to share (through you) more of what he know about / what he's done to the car in the past couple of years? More info would be great here or on the other thread you just linked to. I love that car.

it got bought and imported by a dealer from Berlin.

The new owner lives in northern germany.
AFAIK it is his first classic american car.
He bought it in spring 2017.
I saw it the first time at a show in late may last year

I have no details what kind of flaws he has fixed inbetween. He is a member of a german fuselage Facefuck group. It sounds like the usual stuff. Voltage regulator, heater, headlight switch etc

Carsten

Back