Moparmall coupon?

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order a part for Buttercup, my 1972 NYB. Since @david hill is repainting the hood's underside, I might as well get Butter a proper pad.

MoparMall has a reproduction hood insulation pad that David recommends, as he has it on his 1969 300 TNT 'vert. The price has gone up since the last time I looked, back in 2019.

--> if anyone knows of a MM coupon, I am all ears!

What I've seen of Mopar Mall, everything is on the expensive side. Like almost all the vendors, they don't make any of their own stuff.

Most likely, that's a REM piece, but I can't be sure. If you can figure out a part number, usually the last digits cross over from vendor to vendor.

Is this the same one? Our Products - Body Components - Hood Insulation/Clips

Thank you. It looks like it. Price is very similar, too, after including clips and shipping.

@MrMoparCHP bought one from REM and was happy.
It was an REM part but don't recall where I got it, I need another one.
I feel they are a little thick and can be difficult to get the clips in. It also rubbed the air cleaner.

Alan

I feel they are a little thick and can be difficult to get the clips in. It also rubbed the air cleaner.
I remember seeing that comment about the pad. How did you deal with the rubbing?

I remember seeing that comment about the pad. How did you deal with the rubbing?
Got another pie tin for shows, left the scuffed up one on the car otherwise. The Show one is now on the 500, good thing as they are not available.
Nothing else done.

Alan

I found what seems to be the same pad from Mopar Mall, Dante's Parts (thanks @Big_John ), and a vendor on eBay that explicitly mentions REM as the manufacturer.

After taking the cost of metal clips and shipping into account, MoparMall is cheaper by $24. I have had a good experience with them in the past, as I have with Dante's btw, so I will order from MM.

Last edited:
Other than the obvious molded fit, what is the difference between this and the flat pads that cost $49?

Other than the obvious molded fit, what is the difference between this and the flat pads that cost $49?
It is all about the fitment. I have one on my 69 300 convertible. I compared various pads w/ the results being the Mopar Mall offering is the closest to the OEM configuration. I will add that glue the center of the pad to the hood to aid in hood clearance. I found out that the center will droop and sometimes rub the air cleaner.

It is all about the fitment. I have one on my 69 300 convertible. I compared various pads w/ the results being the Mopar Mall offering is the closest to the OEM configuration. I will add that glue the center of the pad to the hood to aid in hood clearance. I found out that the center will droop and sometimes rub the air cleaner.
So the insulation effect is the same? I'm looking more to protect the hood from the heat of the engine than just have it look right.

Back