More vintage Pro Stock

Ronnie Sox

The 79 Omni

image.jpg

Bob I was reading on FABO that A.J. is not returning with mopar and was considering not returning. The Mopar banner will be carried by Erica Enders and Jeggie which is cool also but I hate to see A.J. leave because of a rule change. Hope E.E. can make dominating performances with mopar on the side of the car.

Dave AJ said on his post race media interview after winning Pomona that he was looking for sponsorship for next year. He said he was pretty sure Mopar would stay on as a small associat sponsor. He hinted at some other racing. Such as a Challenger Drag pak that Roy owns & a Viper road race car he said he plays with some. Yes Elite will have 2 Dodges & 2 chebbies. Nick Ferri will be the engine builder for both. V Gains & Derik Kramer will be back in Dodges. AJ has Richie Stevens & Aaron Stanfield wanting to run his Hemis they just need to find a sponsor. Pro Stock class is hurting for sponsors right now.

Well maybe the rule changes will help. One thing I did not understand is they are supposed to throttle body F.I. instead of ported, seems like the port injection would work better with a flat hood induction system.

Well maybe the rule changes will help. One thing I did not understand is they are supposed to throttle body F.I. instead of ported, seems like the port injection would work better with a flat hood induction system.

Maybe some sort of concession to those who didn't want to change?

Nothing more certain than change. I am sure all the flathead racers did not want to change to all this fancy OHV cylinder heads. Lets face it Pro stock has been stagnant since the 500" limit became standard in the 80s. I think NASCAR is going to have to face this in less than 10 years as us old farts become even further from the target audience. Lets face it a 21 year old today was born well after the last carburetor or non roller cam was put on a production car. How long are they going to stay interested in it with old technolgy that is only making 100 more hp than they can buy at the Dodge dealer. OBD II cars have been with us for 20 years as of 2016 M.Y.. Carburetors in top tier racing need to go away, not that they will make more power A/F ratio is still the same, but a lot of innovation comes out of a need to do something in racing to gain a advantage, to much effort is being placed on keeping everybody equal which leads to boring.

Hagen vs Beringhaus

Two great racers who where tragically killed in racing accidents. Both incidents resulted in car & track rules changes that greatly improved the safety of both

image.jpg

More Toxic Arrow

Butch Leal driving the Toxic Arrow to a win over Sonny Bryant of Sonny Bryant Crankshaft fame. And second pic is same car at Eddyville dragway in 1981 after sportsman racer Ron Jenison bought & raced it. Here up against a Mopar wagon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Allen Johnson

Allen & his dad Roy are long time Mopar racers. Came up throught the sportsman ranks. This is the very first Pro Stock car they ran. A B1TS powered Dodge Avenger. They struggled mightly with this car. They stuck with it & by 2006 where one of the top teams in the sport

image.jpg

Back