Mounting adjustable prop valve?

BoatMan

Reaction score
Where\how did you guys mount your adjustable prop valves?

Have one from inline tube. I have heard as close to the back as possible. Also have seen them right under the mc.

1521495207764185371779945897640.jpg

Where\how did you guys mount your adjustable prop valves?

Have one from inline tube. I have heard as close to the back as possible. Also have seen them right under the mc.

View attachment 174645

Put it on the top of the frame rail where the original would have been mounted on a car with the split brake system. Full pressure from the master cylinder will insure you get an accurate adjustment before the brake fluid transits a bunch of twists, turns and connectors. Note that on some racing applications a pressure reducer was employed usually to limit rear axle braking, that is the only instance that I am aware of where the unit would have been mounted at the rear of the vehicle. Getting the rear brakes on a circle racer right is tricky, too much braking on the rear and the wheels break traction and the car spins out. Too little braking and centrifical force causes the same result. Why did you opt for and adjustable unit? The unit you have pictured looks like a single pass unit, one that will work to only the front or rear brakes on a split system.

Dave

Last edited:
I did a 4 whl disc swap on a 67 Ford and I mounted the adjustable valve below the master so it would be easy to adjust

Back