My 1969 Dodge Polara Wagon

It's pretty rare that drivers will do vehicle transport at this time of the year still. You must have found an adventurous one!

:thumbsup:
Money, that's all it takes. I saw a few out and about last new years when I got my car at the border. Yeah, there aren't as many as when it's nice, but they're out there!

Money, that's all it takes. I saw a few out and about last new years when I got my car at the border. Yeah, there aren't as many as when it's nice, but they're out there!

I almost always use guys that have a good reputation for hauling rather than just put up some listing for transport for anyone to see. So my comment applies to that group of guys and most of them will not operate in the depth of winter just because of the slippery conditions that are treacherous and unpredictable. I just want my cars to arrive in as bought condition. I made an exception to that rule twice in my life and regretted both of them.

So I am more than willing to wait for good weather that suits the good drivers.

Your practices may vary.

I almost always use guys that have a good reputation for hauling rather than just put up some listing for transport for anyone to see. So my comment applies to that group of guys and most of them will not operate in the depth of winter just because of the slippery conditions that are treacherous and unpredictable. I just want my cars to arrive in as bought condition. I made an exception to that rule twice in my life and regretted both of them.

So I am more than willing to wait for good weather that suits the good drivers.

Your practices may vary.
I've been doing some research, since there is a chance that I may need a transport. Trying to balance out someone who is reputable yet economical. But it seems if it is not a glowing seemingly paid review it is a complete horror story. And that has kinda made me rethink the whole thing.

Maybe in the beginning use a broker that uses only known good transporters and when you find one that does the job well for you, you can reuse them without going through a broker. If you do not plan to buy many cars, using a broker may be worth the cost.

The car finally made it!
I was still on shift when it showed up and then it got dark so I didn’t have time to get good photos. I’ll get some tomorrow.
CA72D162-067B-4D72-8482-61A5DC6F941E.jpeg

ED6C101D-9417-48D3-ABF3-4F633522B5AC.jpeg
C94D27BB-D5C8-436F-B0A0-424EC099F6E4.jpeg

I also found a Nos RHS mirror for it off Facebook for a really good deal.
9358FE7A-C1D7-4B59-829D-8A9FFBD58073.jpeg

Last edited:
safe & sound.

got it outta there "just in time" ; 2-3 days after it left, there are now 12 inches+ snow then bitter cold all around where it was.

good luck boss!

Woo hoo congrats! Hopefully your 1st order of business is to thoroughly wash that salt film off. Had the same problem when I took possession of my 1st C body...the Interstate trip from WA to IL in the dead of winter had it coated.
Eager to see more pics of this wagon as it progesses.

Xc.jpg

Did you get a title with the wagon and if so, was it one from California or was it one with a Michigan title??

If it was a California one you could keep the plate that is on it and not have to take it to DMV for inspection I believe.

! Hopefully your 1st order of business is to thoroughly wash that salt film off.
I did a little prelim cleaning today with AMMO Frothe Hoseless car wash kit, I think I'm gonna go back and give some spots some more attention tho.
I also vacuumed out a bunch of the crap out of the wagon, I also cleaned up the seats and door panels a bunch with some AMMO lather. I'll get some pictures of the interior tomorrow! I think this used to have a dealer-installed A/C at one point?
It also had a "Kar-Kit" Nox control thing...
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG

Hope it's clean Trevor!
It's pretty solid! I think I'll get a better idea of how solid once I get all the crap out.

Did you get a title with the wagon and if so, was it one from California or was it one with a Michigan title??
It's still got a Cali title.

Amongst all of the things that this car is missing...ya know like the engine, transmission, differential, hood springs, wiper motor, the entire cooling system..and other stuff....it's also missing the keys...would you all recommend just replacing all the lock cylinders with news one that comes with keys or trying get keys made for the one in the car.....?

Last edited:
If I understand correctly that there are no keys in the car at all (there was also no steering column interlock in 1969), I would probably assume that at least the ignition switch and door locks might well use the same key still. In that case, take one of the key cylinders out of one of the doors/ignition switch and have a key made. If it fits all the locks then you are done. The tail gate did not have a key cylinder in 1969 so that would not be an issue with that door/gate.

Some Pictures of the interior after I vacuumed some crap out and hit the seats and door cards with some AMMO lather, some armor all wipes, and some other stuff. I still need to take all the stuff that's in the back out, get the wood that's propping up the tailgate window, and get the tailgate open so I can properly clean the interior, but as @BLIMP said, it is already starting to clean up pretty decently..
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

If I understand correctly that there are no keys in the car at all (there was also no steering column interlock in 1969), I would probably assume that at least the ignition switch and door locks might well use the same key still. In that case, take one of the key cylinders out of one of the doors/ignition switch and have a key made. If it fits all the locks then you are done. The tail gate did not have a key cylinder in 1969 so that would not be an issue with that door/gate.
The tailgate has a cylinder to put the glass up and down from the outside. But luckily it's the same as the ignition.

Are you sure Manny for 1969? All I know is my 69 Town & Country does not have that feature. I indeed feel it was a poor decision not to have it in my Chrysler and I am not sure maybe whether they either made a running change in 1969 perhaps or started using an outside cylinder for running the window up and down from the outside in 1970. My 1973 Dodge Monaco certainly had that feature.

Maybe @T-revorNobody can clarify....................................

Back