SOLD My 1972 yellow 2dr LeBaron for $7,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit that I’ve gotten a little confused on this thread. I just want to clarify that my car has the correct, original AVS on it, that works perfectly. I’ve literally never had to touch it in 19 years.

So, after 19 years, I’ve verified what I was pretty sure was true.

501D90EF-B8BF-47C1-B484-F27ADE98BB35.jpeg

E0E3641B-B6F1-4558-8037-A2A0FF1475FF.jpeg

94BDF22F-639B-4925-BE3D-FB2DD1EC3410.jpeg

I admit that I’ve gotten a little confused on this thread. I just want to clarify that my car has the correct, original AVS on it, that works perfectly. I’ve literally never had to touch it in 19 years.
I was wondering where that came from but the same guy just assumed that the ac didn’t work so...

If I’ve got this straight, Wile E Coyote’s beautiful Silver Seventy Two (very alliterative!) has a thermoquad on it. I would think that almost any AVS would be better!:poke:

Thank you everybody for your interest. I have at least one cash offer for my price and I may back out anyway. I’ll know in a couple days.

Last edited:
Thank you everybody for your interest. I have at least one cash offer for my price and I may back out anyway. I’ll know in s couple days.

Just remember - if you don’t have a warm and fuzzy about the potential buyer - don’t sell it. I wouldn’t want you regretting it down the roads.
Once a car is gone, it can be pretty hard to track it down.

If I’ve got this straight, Wile E Coyote’s beautiful Silver Seventy Two (very alliterative!) has a thermoquad on it. I would think that almost any AVS would be better!:poke:
I bought my car in 1992/93 and I'm pretty s.u.r.e. it was the original carb then. It is not a thermoquad - if thermoquad means that plastic center. It did not have that type I'm sure of; so either a Holley or "other"? It's been so many years now and I'm just not sure anymore. I have a carter on it now - and the "original" carb that was on it from 1992 I had rebuilt - oh about 4 or 5 years ago now and just haven't put it back on yet; life gets in the way. I DO remember the fuel line from the fuel pump was a steel line plumbed up from the fuel pump, behind the alternator, and right to the carb; and all of the emissions lines appeared and seemed correct and intact. Still doesn't mean that the carb was original then in 1992.

I bought my car in 1992/93 and I'm pretty s.u.r.e. it was the original carb then. It is not a thermoquad - if thermoquad means that plastic center. It did not have that type I'm sure of; so either a Holley or "other"? It's been so many years now and I'm just not sure anymore. I have a carter on it now - and the "original" carb that was on it from 1992 I had rebuilt - oh about 4 or 5 years ago now and just haven't put it back on yet; life gets in the way. I DO remember the fuel line from the fuel pump was a steel line plumbed up from the fuel pump, behind the alternator, and right to the carb; and all of the emissions lines appeared and seemed correct and intact. Still doesn't mean that the carb was original then in 1992.
The Imps also used Holley carbs in ‘72. I’m so glad that mine is an AVS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back