furyfever

Reaction score
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0477 (1).JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
DSC03859.JPG

The DeSotos are just soooo sweet, have always liked them. First car I had was a 59 Firedome 4dr, wish I had that one back.

Wow, amazing cars. I really like that shade of green with the aluminum trim, how do you decide which one to drive?

Both are beautiful sights to behold. Exner was a genius. But I would like the Desoto much much better without the fender skirts! :rolleyes:

That way it would look more balanced rather than tail heavy and ghettoed. I am sure Exner would agree! :poke:

I am envious! If I had to narrow it down to two,those two are my favorite Forward Look cars. The Plymouths are stunning in 1957,but in 1958 they became a finely polished masterpiece. The 57-58 DeSotos hands down have the wildest fins and tail light design. I love the integrated exhaust ports and the way the bumper and fins flow upward.
They seemed to stumble somewhat design wise in 1959 where the Desoto,Plymouth and Chrysler are concerned but rebound in 1960 and take flight again. The 60 Plymouth fins are amazing seen in real life,and the 1960 Chrylser and Desoto both have sleek,jetsons like fins and taillights. Never before or since would that much thought be put into car design.

and I do agree,the Desoto would look better without the skirts,these cars have very sculptural wheel openings.its a shame to cover them up. just my opinion though.

Very, very nice!

[QUOTE="SuddenlyIts1960!, I love the integrated exhaust ports and the way the bumper and fins flow upward.
The 60 Plymouth fins are amazing seen in real life,and the 1960 Chrylser and Desoto both have sleek,jetsons like fins.[/QUOTE]

Although this has been discussed here before, As a new member, :welcome:, we should remind you that they are not FINS......... Chrysler referred to them as " stabilizers". Ask Gary. :poke:

Thanks to all. I feel very blessed to be caretaker of these great Mopars for however long it is. They sure do get a lot of attention when I take them out. I often take the skirts off the DeSoto for a totally different look. I like both ways. Sorry, I don't have any photos right now of it w/out skirts. I have skirts for the Belvedere too but don't like them much at all. I originally bought the Belvedere with plans to "Christine" it but don't think I'll ever do it now. I like it as is except for the drive train. It has a 1964 318 w/aluminum torqueflite in it now. I would eventually like to find a 58-61 BB w/ cast iron torqueflite. As much as I like the Mopar Fin Cars...C-bodies are still my all time fave. I grew up with them and they ride/drive/stop so much better. Just so much more comfortable overall. Plus they're so underrated and under-appreciated too. Thanks again guys for all your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed.

Bob

Back