My 66 Fury Project...

Unfortunately both sides of mine have to be repaired. On the bright side, those look to be the worst rust and repair areas on my car. There are other area that need rust repair but they are surface rust on nearly flat surfaces. However, I haven't looked behind the rocker panels yet.

I looked at the pictures of your NY'er on your link. I can't tell if you still have the chrome on your rocker panels or you repaired the rockers, repainted and left the chrome off? Did you have any rust under the vinyl or around the windows? Your paint job is so good that I can't tell if your top is painted or vinyl? The total condition of your NY'er is outstanding!

:sSig_goodjob:

I remove the rocker panel trim on my NYB's. They are RUST TRAPS!. I have never seen one Formal that doesn't have cancer under there. For that reason, I leave them off.
Each end has a phillips screw you take out and the rest of the trim is held by clips where you lift UP on the trim and it comes off. 99% chance you'll break some of the plastic clips.
On the remaining small trim that is on the rear fender skirt, when you remove the trim there is a 3/4" diam. hole under it. I plug it with a dowel and then do the bondo thingie. I then spray the rocker panel with that clear protective paint coating like the manufacturers use now. It lives a dimple like surface.

There was zero rust around the windows or under the vinyl.

I redyed the vinyl top myself. Looks un-freakin-believable. I was even shocked!!

And a big thank you for the compliments.

I remove the rocker panel trim on my NYB's. They are RUST TRAPS!. I have never seen one Formal that doesn't have cancer under there. For that reason, I leave them off.
Each end has a phillips screw you take out and the rest of the trim is held by clips where you lift UP on the trim and it comes off. 99% chance you'll break some of the plastic clips.
On the remaining small trim that is on the rear fender skirt, when you remove the trim there is a 3/4" diam. hole under it. I plug it with a dowel and then do the bondo thingie. I then spray the rocker panel with that clear protective paint coating like the manufacturers use now. It lives a dimple like surface.

There was zero rust around the windows or under the vinyl.

I redyed the vinyl top myself. Looks un-freakin-believable. I was even shocked!!

And a big thank you for the compliments.

You would have a huge crowd around your NY'er taking pictures and asking for a seminar at Carlisle. I know the girlfiends, cat, etc., keeping you from Carlisle...

Since I have it up on the lift anyway doing the brakes, here:

dyuaz7.jpg

Ma Mopar really did some pretty bad and shoddy work below the bottom door line.
It's as if the engineers thought "meh..close enough. Nobody will ever see it down there"...

It's still a work in progess. I don't have as much time to work on her as I want. stupid job taking all my time. Oh and entertaining my wife and kids. i wish they wanted to help. i might get more done!

Took a couple of pics today, I finnaly took her on a real drive, not just around the block or down the street. Found a cool spot to snap a couple of pics.1966 plymouth fury iii back corner.jpg1966 plymouth fury iii front corner.jpg

1966 plymouth fury iii back corner.jpg

1966 plymouth fury iii front corner.jpg

1987 NYB thanks, I have been wanting to bring the car out a get some pics by it. Just so happens that Saturday when I had the car out, it was clear and I could get a good shot.

Back