My '70 Newport Convertable

I have a bubble on the right side, just behind the top - or where the top would be.

That's nice looking, like the wheels also.

Thanks. I would love to have a set of AR Torque Thrust Ds, but these were just $25 each! Ha! They're Ford wheels, Shelby Cal 500s, 15x7. Bought them at a Spring Fling swap in Van Nuys.

Originally silver (E4 Silver Metallic), the original owner painted it this green after it sat for ten years. He also had the black top replaced by a white one, dyed the interior,

WOW that will look great when you get it back to A4 but I think it looks great as is too.

Nah. the white is the original color, so it will look good with the silver. But the black top I just can't do. I'm a Niner fan!

So you mean he died the seats white to refresh them white because they looked dingy or something or were another color?

Thanks. I would love to have a set of AR Torque Thrust Ds, but these were just $25 each! Ha! They're Ford wheels, Shelby Cal 500s, 15x7. Bought them at a Spring Fling swap in Van Nuys.

Just a personal thing for me - I'm not big on aftermarket or incorrect model original wheels on Mopars but I must say I think the slots on your car are an exception.

So you mean he died the seats white to refresh them white because they looked dingy or something or were another color?
Yes, they were faded and discolored. When I replaced the armrests, the originals were covered like the headrests and the rear rests. I cut the vinyl off to see - they looked bad. I really would like to redo the entire interior - although the rear rests are unobtanium - it's really looking ragged today.

I see I need to post a picture of the new wheels! (Well, from almost two years ago. Ha!)

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG

Back