My 73 Fury is at the bottom of the Mediterranean, I'm just sick...

74Monaco CHP

Reaction score
The young man that bought my car wrote me today apparently there has been one of those storms of the century in and around Israel. He collected 73's and had his grandfathers and another he shipped some time a go. Well its was supposed to have been unloaded but "Marge" my highly optioned 73 fury Gran Coupe went over the side with 26 other containers. He is beside himself, and I'm sick...I hope he had it insured I just removed mine on monday. :sad1:My car survived a crusher and a Calf. brush fire . The buyer sought me out from one of the c-body groups. I spent another grand to make things right that he didn't even know about. I knew it was going to a good home. He came thousands of miles to drive it . I sheltered it from Sandy and now this. "Large Marge" is my friend of 12yrs is gone :sad1:

100_1876.jpg

Man, if that was a movie, people would say stuff like that is too improbable to happen in real life.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

That's awful, so sorry to hear about that. The shipping company must have some insurance for these types of incidents. I know that, at least here in MI when you drive your vehicle out on to the frozen lakes to go fishing or whatever, the moment that all 4 wheels are on the ice (or over a body of water) the insurance coverage stops.
not making light of this at all but there's an example of "if you were meant to be shot, you won't be hanged" If I've ever seen one!

oh ****.

I hope the container with the Fury can be pulled. Even though I doubt she will be rescued :-((

deserves a moment of respectful silence............a great loss when a fuselage Plymouth such as your is cast overboard into the depths.

I'm sick because it represented 11yrs of collecting NOS parts and work. The engine had maybe 4000 miles on it. I fixed a bunch of things, I wanted make it right before I shipped it. All new brakes and booster. New dual exhaust. The car was packed with all my other NOS parts, including spares he could use on his others. Even with insurance he is out a lot of money, at least 50% not including shipping. They charge a 103% import duty of the purchase price. I hope he doesn't have that to tend with.

I'm sick because it represented 11yrs of collecting NOS parts and work. The engine had maybe 4000 miles on it. I fixed a bunch of things, I wanted make it right before I shipped it. All new brakes and booster. New dual exhaust. The car was packed with all my other NOS parts, including spares he could use on his others. Even with insurance he is out a lot of money, at least 50% not including shipping. They charge a 103% import duty of the purchase price. I hope he doesn't have that to tend with.

Oh man just hearing that makes ME feel sick, too.

Guys,

I am the man who bought this. For now i don't know what is going to happen, thay didn't find the cfontainer yet and i am so so sad.

Hemi

Guys,

I am the man who bought this. For now i don't know what is going to happen, thay didn't find the cfontainer yet and i am so so sad.

Hemi

I can't even comprehend the bad luck. Sorry about your loss, before you ever got it home.

Back