My Last Restoration

Dave, When you get tired of standing in fuel drenched sand on the fuel island because of someone else's screw up knowing you're gonna track it into the cab and smell it for dayz non stop, You'll hang up your spurz too. I alwayz carried ah few extra trow away carpet samplez in the cargo box for those un-planed timez, lol ...........WAY TO GO CHRIS, YOU'RE DEW PAL. I'll have the St Pauli at Carlisle next July waiting for you, Jer

Glad it's mostly voluntary retirement, the title suggested something more terminal to me at first glance.
Mid 50 will be my Goal, in next life I'll stay with a Job that pays less and gives more satisfaction than my second choice Office Job.

Now you'll have more time to mentor us amateur body guy's via the internet. Good luck with your project and your retirement. :yourock:

Luckily my wife and I have been planning an early retirement for years. The house and shop are paid for and we have no car payments. Those are key to being able to make a comfortable retirement IMHO. Having had a decent Union job with a pension is the other piece of the puzzle.

Ya,Ya...... So your retireing...... I hope you don't think the work stops too..... :poke:

I retired on 08 and now I don't know how I ever had time for a full time job.... Good luck to ya chris. Ellie and I look forward to seeing you at Carlisle....?

Congrats on your retirement. I've been "unemployed" for about 10 years and I love it. Our kids moved out to homes of their own and the family dog died of old age so its very easy to lock the doors and hit the highway.

Enjoy it while you've got your health!

Congrats on retiring on your own terms!

I'm done at the end of the year myself.

Dave, When you get tired of standing in fuel drenched sand on the fuel island because of someone else's screw up knowing you're gonna track it into the cab and smell it for dayz non stop, You'll hang up your spurz too. I alwayz carried ah few extra trow away carpet samplez in the cargo box for those un-planed timez, lol ...........WAY TO GO CHRIS, YOU'RE DEW PAL. I'll have the St Pauli at Carlisle next July waiting for you, Jer

I still love the smell of diesel in the weee hours, guess I'm not ready

Well Stan this is where you get your laughs at us young bucks. I've probably got at least 26 years till retirement.

I'm completely in agreement with Chris that having things paid off makes living easier. We've got about 4 years on the house and all of the cars are paid for. The costly part will involve raising four kids; 16 months to 7 years currently.

My retirement has been one of very mixed emotions. I literally directed my life since college to insure that I would be happy in retirement. Made decisions, career wise that are subject to ridicule by the uninformed. Very few people saw it as a predetermined path I chose and now Im made to feel guilty I chose it. People who blew their chance to do it right. They try to justify their hostility at blowing it by trying to shake the tree I'm in to knock me out of it.
Im not laughing at the younger people. I feel pity on them.

I'm not rich nor even well off. I live check to check while keeping money aside for the expected major expenses.

Recently, there was a For Sale ad by a guy whi had just bought a classic and then immediately had to sell it because of "unexpected" house repairs. People would say Sorry about your circumstances. Bulkshit. He bought a toy without thinking about his responsibilities as a home owner being #1.

Toys are what you buy after you cover everything else, present and future.

"My Last Restoration"

I saw George Strait last year in Arlington TX at Cowboy Stadium for his "Last Show of His Last Tour". A year later and he's out playing music again. When you're that good at something you'll be drawn back in as long as you're physically able, and still enjoy it even a little bit. It's what you know how to do.

The guy that did the body and paint on my Fury is in his late sixties, he had a big business at one time with a bunch of employees and now its just him and his wife in a small shop that fits one car and a paint booth. He is a master at his craft as I know you are.

That said, all the best in your retirement, as temporary as it may be.

Got the Super Bee back from the sandblaster all blasted and primed. Here's a picture. I'm still learning my new computer so not sure how it will post but here goes.

~

68sb1.jpg

Back