My Last Restoration

Ok I got the picture thing figured out on my new computer so here's an update on the Hemi Super Bee. Got the trunk floor all in and welded, got the tubs all lined up and drivers side welded in. Passenger side will get welded after we fit the quarter panel on that side. Drivers side quarter has been fit and now is ready to weld in Monday. Welded the new flanges on the frame rails. The old ones were cut off for more tire clearance. Been a little slow going due to having to take a lot of time to measure since we're replacing so much sheet metal there's not much to use as a guide. So far everything lines up at least as good as the factory had it probably better. After the quarters get welded I'll move to fixing the frame rails where they butchered the spring relocation. Well I guess I need to resize the pictures. Stay tuned.

20160206_085522.jpg

Seeing work like this is almost unfathomable for me to imagine doing. What an art. Thanks for sharing the photos and story. All the best on your retirement, too!

Good job ......... like someone asked before ; what color-combo does it have ?

Nice work Chris! Reminds me that's exactly what my '68 RR looked like for a little while.

Great Job to finish before retirement. I guess the spare Body parts Situation is "a bit" better than with the C-bodies.
If you travel to Germany I got a Little paint work in stock for Food and lodging, just bring the single stage metallic. :D

Back