My last two purchases.

View attachment 229143

This is the only picture I have on my phone. Base model, dark gold metallic, deluxe all vinyl black interior, 360, 727, 2:76. Original vinyl roof, windshield, interior, paint (unfortunately the original owner had the lower parts "rockergaurded" textured tar stuff? And painted to match. Also unfortunately someone took the tag and there's a bit of rust. Purchased with 56,000 miles added 20,000.

I do hope you remember me in your will.

I think it went to a good home! I found it kinda cool that it was built here in Belvidere, went to work in New Mexico, laid to rest in Missouri, and ended up minutes away from where it was built for its revival and return to the road. Now it's back to work down South!

Dang pic didn't attach.

received_2014880735471062.jpeg

That looks great with the lightbar! Not sure if you mentioned the new owner...is he on this site?

Manny came down today and helped me swap in a very nice Dashboard that came with the GT. The wiring harness was the biggest hassle, trying to sort out light package wiring, rear defrost, cruise control ETC. We got it pretty much sorted out.
Also got the new trans lines fished in... if we weren't 2 hours away from each other both of our cars would be ALOT further along. Regardless, the Monacucamonga is a few steps closer to being a driver.

20190106_102920.jpg

20190106_131414.jpg

20190106_135115.jpg

20190106_144258.jpg

Manny came down today and helped me swap in a very nice Dashboard that came with the GT. The wiring harness was the biggest hassle, trying to sort out light package wiring, rear defrost, cruise control ETC. We got it pretty much sorted out.
Also got the new trans lines fished in... if we weren't 2 hours away from each other both of our cars would be ALOT further along. Regardless, the Monacucamonga is a few steps closer to being a driver.

View attachment 243161

View attachment 243162

View attachment 243163

View attachment 243164

Very pleased the Monaco went to a very good home. I knew I wouldn't be able to get to it given how many cars I have lined up ahead of it, and also in that list is another 1971 Monaco coupe that is green instead of blue and which is close to the top of the list. Glad you guys are able to get together to help each other out. I have nothing but the deepest respect for both of you. Wish you both lived next door to me - then we all would be rockin!

Very pleased the Monaco went to a very good home. I knew I wouldn't be able to get to it given how many cars I have lined up ahead of it, and also in that list is another 1971 Monaco coupe that is green instead of blue and which is close to the top of the list. Glad you guys are able to get together to help each other out. I have nothing but the deepest respect for both of you. Wish you both lived next door to me - then we all would be rockin!
I wish it was further along but I have a car buying problem... on the plus side the cowl looks excellent with only the passenger lower corner of the windshield channel need a little work. Overall very happy with the car.

I have had zero luck on door panels so when the time comes for you to start the resto, you know where to send the green ones.

This car had only a dashboard in it when you got it Steve?

Loving the Monaco...stick with light blue.

Those tail lights...

Loving the Monaco...stick with light blue.

Those tail lights...

I am having withdrawal of a lack of Q5 in my life...this Monaco is going to be the big bad sister of my base model Polara I let go about a month ago...so that is my plan. The fender tag is gone.

FB_IMG_1530080096490.jpg

I understand your pain BUT you know it is blue. Anytime you will look at it you will know it is blue and not FQ5.

Carsten

I understand your pain BUT you know it is blue. Anytime you will look at it you will know it is blue and not FQ5.

Carsten
I'm saying...I plan to repaint the car FQ5 down the line. If its fender tag was present I would consider keeping the B5. Buts it not, so I'm not.

Back