My last two purchases.

I haven't seen a new convertible show in a few years.
Guys here would say " Dave, three new ones came up in the last six months there's gotta be a lot of them out there". Never taking into consideration the drought.
I'd like to see a new one show. Fun to talk about them.

I'm curious what years/models of converts and wagons are you open to?

Going to guess Dodges only, and Monaco/Polara, but not really sure what years you prefer.

I know of a 70 Polara drop top that hasnt been posted here. I prefer a 70 convertible but would consider the right 69. As far as wagons go I'd like to get a 69-71 but will consider a 72-3

Mixed feelings today as I have sold the 73. I know its what's best for me and the car. Its going to a collector in Texas. Drove it onto the hauler and handed over the keys. Letting go isnt as hard as I thought.

1112181411.jpg

20181112_141414.jpg

20181112_141402.jpg

20181112_141434.jpg

20181112_141449.jpg

20181112_141606.jpg

Sounds like it's going to a good home. It's great you didn't have a hard time letting it go. It's best not to get too attached or sentimental. Some people are more prone to that than others, myself being one. And while I don't think I've commented on any of your threads, (I don't comment much, most times similar thinkers beat me to it and there's no point repeating it) I have seen you've been very busy caretaking and restoring C bodies for awhile now. Hats off! And then there's me, being sentimental (and wary) my survivor '71 Polara two door has barely been out of the garage in four years! And that's a shame. All the best!

Sounds like it's going to a good home. It's great you didn't have a hard time letting it go. It's best not to get too attached or sentimental. Some people are more prone to that than others, myself being one. And while I don't think I've commented on any of your threads, (I don't comment much, most times similar thinkers beat me to it and there's no point repeating it) I have seen you've been very busy caretaking and restoring C bodies for awhile now. Hats off! And then there's me, being sentimental (and wary) my survivor '71 Polara two door has barely been out of the garage in four years! And that's a shame. All the best!
Pictures of this beast?

WP_20180505_16_56_29_Pro.jpg

This is the only picture I have on my phone. Base model, dark gold metallic, deluxe all vinyl black interior, 360, 727, 2:76. Original vinyl roof, windshield, interior, paint (unfortunately the original owner had the lower parts "rockergaurded" textured tar stuff? And painted to match. Also unfortunately someone took the tag and there's a bit of rust. Purchased with 56,000 miles added 20,000.

View attachment 229143

This is the only picture I have on my phone. Base model, dark gold metallic, deluxe all vinyl black interior, 360, 727, 2:76. Original vinyl roof, windshield, interior, paint (unfortunately the original owner had the lower parts "rockergaurded" textured tar stuff? And painted to match. Also unfortunately someone took the tag and there's a bit of rust. Purchased with 56,000 miles added 20,000.

Your Polara looks superb in black, and I like the black vinyl roof and interior - triple black. Gold is a favorite of mine, but that black is compelling!

Thanks Steve, it's not the best photo with all the sun coming from behind. The roof is medium brown? Or dark gold? That matches the paint. I've always thought it would look better with a black top over the dark gold paint. All black would be to die for. I'm not complaining though.

Thanks Steve, it's not the best photo with all the sun coming from behind. The roof is medium brown? Or dark gold? That matches the paint. I've always thought it would look better with a black top over the dark gold paint. All black would be to die for. I'm not complaining though.
Snap a photo of the fender tag and we will tell you all about your car.

I haven't seen a new convertible show in a few years.
Guys here would say " Dave, three new ones came up in the last six months there's gotta be a lot of them out there". Never taking into consideration the drought.
I'd like to see a new one show. Fun to talk about them.
And we just got two new, previously unknown (to us) Polara ‘verts go up at auction right after you posted the above and I agreed with you. I like this!

I tend to conjure up things ...

It was an enjoyable Saturday looking over the green car. I wish I could have spoken with the guy who owned...
There are a few that I never got numbers on that have never resurfaced.

Back