<My New Personal Luxury Car: 69 N.Y.

Budds ended in 68, Yes?

I believe so.

Early '69s got the leftovers. I owned a '69 Imperial coupe equipped with them, car was originally purchased in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Great find! Luckily that car didn't end up in a more commercial yard and you were able to find it. Way to good to be parted.

Yes it runs. I wouldn't have paid $3k if it didn't. Benny delivered it to my home 90 miles away for no cost. I drove it Tuesday & it felt quite powerful. I hope it has a posi. It smells of bad gas so I'm trying to get it cleaned out. The carb is a carter but I believe these came with a Holley? That photo of under the rear seat is what I have... is it air cond, heat or defogger? Thanks for the info on parts above. I will keep you all posted. Your advice, interest & encouragement really help motivate so please keep it up!

Oh & please point me in the direction of a front valance panel. Mine is D E S-TROYED! Its the only bad part of the body & I really want to find a nice one! If you know what years/makes I can pull one from that would be of help.

Oh & please point me in the direction of a front valance panel. Mine is D E S-TROYED! Its the only bad part of the body & I really want to find a nice one! If you know what years/makes I can pull one from that would be of help.
Www.cbodies.com

Can you post up a pic of the fender tag? That's more than a rear defogger.

The ducting under the rear seat is part of a rear heater. The lower switch on the right to the radio controls the heat (on/off). The upper switch controls the rear defogger. There's plumbing under the car, on the right side, coming from the front heater box.

I worked on the car today, rerouted the fuel lines & put in a pump. Its running like a top now & I took it for a drive on the main road. Even the carb seems to have cleared up. I got lucky I dont think I will need to remove the tank. The brakes worked well but the front brakes were squeaking I guess from rust accumulation. Its going to need an exhaust. I will upload a pic of the build sheet (found under the back seat) & of the fender tag tomorrow.

Back