got my 69 imperial road registered

gransedan

Reaction score
Hello everybody ; fellow car nuts,

At the end of last year i bought a 69 imperial 2dr. It was listed on this site as well.
They guy I bought it from (IL) had this car since 2011. He bought it in Colorado. And that guy had the car since 2002. My guess is that nothing much have been done by the previous owners. 4 new tires is all I could see:) and a rebuild carburator. History before that not really known.

I arranged transport and got the car somewhere in February (Rotterdam - Holland).
Fist I looked for the build sheets and did find 2 of them. Under the back seat
and behind the back seat. There was a third one under neath the paggenger seat but it was only a small part. Original carpet and headliner. Original seats. Nice interior.
A few spots on the rear of lower front panels L+R. Nothing to worry about.

I had bought stuff to rebuilt the front end end to replace the brake lines and calipers. Next to that I bought new bearings and seals which I all replaced over the last 1.5 month. Shocks and carpet. and other small stuff.
Took the car last week to get it road registered and that happened so will get the licence plates soon. There are a few things that needed to be solved. The AC and heather do not work. I think the AC is not hooked up and did find out the blower motor was not good anymore. Next to that the instrument panel lights do not work. I went under the dash today and I think the dimmer switch is not good anymore. It obviously has some corrosion, probably water I guess. So will order those parts and see if I get the stuff going.
At least you know what happened with the car......

I took a lot of photo's. If somebody need to know something because he/she :) is working on a simular car let me know. I probably need to know a few things as well to make the last things work in/on this car.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Pieter

chrysler 69 scan 1.jpeg

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

Last edited:
i think this is it for now...... thanks. Lots of great information on this website!
cleaned all light fittings and changed bulbs. It works incl. seq. turn signals (after buying 2 relays and replacing them).
still more work to do on the imperial..

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

Looks like the old big boned gal is in good hands!! Congrats and keep us posted.:thumbsup:

Love it, congrats!:thumbsup:

congratulations.

I hope you will make it to the BBTR meeting at the Mosel or the german Mopar Nats in Herten early august

Carsten

Thank you for your message. Will put this date in the agenda. In the mean time busy getting all things to work.... I'm getting close and like solving those small things. The car drives very smooth and handles very well, mainly because I replaced all the rubber and balljoints, shocks, also the steering linckage. greetz Pieter

Nice work Mr. Peter! I am always impressed how and to what length our friends in Europe go through to enjoy MoPar!

Congratulations!

looking very good :thumbsup:
was is that tiny black spot on the lefthand side of the rearbumper .. it looks like a small hole:eek: i´ve never seen
that before in a stealbumper that looks so sharp

Back