My unexpected Hurst 300 Find

david hill

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

20231220_185948.jpg

DSC01109.JPG

DSC01110.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01112.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

DSC01115.JPG

DSC01116.JPG

DSC01117.JPG

Nice car. I saw one of these at Chryslers at Carlisle a few years back, but it was not in this nice of condition. Does this have the 375 hp 440?

I would be remised not to thank Leah for the reach out to me. Secondly to @sixpkrt for volunteering to coming down from Chicago to aid me in bring my dream car home, my hats off to you. To my friends who wish to remain nameless in support of my goals.
Nice car. I saw one of these at Chryslers at Carlisle a few years back, but it was not in this nice of condition. Does this have the 375 hp 440?
Yes it does w/ all the appropriate shields and duct work.

All of them did I believe. They were all the same with different interior options.

Cool car David!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Wheres the burnout pics?

Tim and I had a great laugh about pinching myself that this was too good to be true. I went to the garage this morning to see if it was still there.

Several weeks ago a Facebook acquaintance posted pics of a 300 Hurst w/ the caption, Well Dave here is your car. After some PM messages I decided to make a road trip. Another individual asked if I would inspect it for him. I agreed to inspect it over for him and send him photos and my opinion of its condition. Looking the Hurst over thoroughly I made a list up of repairs to be done. What makes this such a good find is the most offend damaged areas of this car was in very good shape. My client backed out declaring that It would cost him more than he thought I was worth. The opportunity was now in front of me to own my dream car. I have wanted and searched for a Hurst 300 since 2009. Most of them then were either derelict condition or way overpriced. I gave them a cash offer price. they were uncommitted and couldn't give me an answer. I headed home to ponder my fate. I was just getting on I-70 when broker calls and says we were off by about a $1000 and would I accept this offer. After several minutes of conversation, I said let me think this over as I had atriculated the cost of repairs were far above the $1000 difference. Iwas home in Brownsburg about 10 minutes they called back and accepted my offer. Here are some photos.

View attachment 633780

View attachment 633781

View attachment 633782

View attachment 633783

View attachment 633784

View attachment 633785

View attachment 633786

View attachment 633787

View attachment 633788

View attachment 633789
here is the build sheet

20231220_190515.jpg

Congrats David!.
When the opportunity arises you have to jump on it.
I did just that when Grace came along.
Quoting a lyric from a Boston song.." I gotta keep on chasing that dream or I may never find it.... "
Looks to be a solid and complete car to start with.

Tim and I had a great laugh about pinching myself that this was too good to be true. I went to the garage this morning to see if it was still there.
That's how I was with the X9 car for a long long time. Now it's the Scat.

I would be remised not to thank Leah for the reach out to me. Secondly to @sixpkrt for volunteering to coming down from Chicago to aid me in bring my dream car home, my hats off to you. To my friends who wish to remain nameless in support of my goals.

Yes it does w/ all the appropriate shields and duct work.
I forgot to mention that Tim really stepped up as my offer was to expire on Tues. @sixpkrt is a real class act. His contributions to the C Body community are enormous.

Congrats David!.
When the opportunity arises you have to jump on it.
I did just that when Grace came along.
Quoting a lyric from a Boston song.." I gotta keep on chasing that dream or I may never find it.... "
Looks to be a solid and complete car to start with.
It really is. In an somewhat unrelated question, where did you get the electronic turn signal flasher. In the Boston reference you are spot on.

That has got to be one of the best examples left - you know when a car has been well maintained when even the door pulls are still in good condition without the usual cracks. How many miles are on that beauty?

Great find indeed.............................

Congratulations David! That kicks *** you got a car you were hunting after. Get those axle bearings in quick, we need those pictures!

Last edited:
Back