MY Unicorn X RARE 69 Monaco 500 Convertible

Reaction score
My latest purchase has arrived 1969 Dodge Monaco 500 Convertible DP27L9. For you Mopar diehards you know what that means. While all 69 Monaco 500 convertibles are rare. Only 347 were made. Of those 347 there were ONLY 2 made with the Optional 440 Magnum. So this is a 1of 2 car. Extremely rare. Also all 69 Monaco 500 Convertibles were built and sold in Canada. She has been sitting for a long time and is a bit of a mess right now. But its all there and complete. Special thanks to CB Towing service of Cornwall for bringing her to me safe and sound! The following pictures are of the car as it arrived untouched by me.
Kevin Carpenter
69 Monaco 500 Convertible
68 Newport Custom

monaco1.jpg

Monaco2.jpg

Monaco3.jpg

Monaco4.jpg

Monaco5.jpg

Monaco6.jpg

Monaco7.jpg

Monaco16.jpg

Monaco17.jpg

Monaco18.jpg

Hard to believe a car that only 2 were ever made would be allowed to fall into a state like this, but the owners probably had no idea of it's rarity.

Hard to believe a car that only 2 were ever made would be allowed to fall into a state like this, but the owners probably had no idea of it's rarity.
I know. I asked the person I bought it from if he knew some history of the car and didnt know much. He bought the car 9 or 10 years ago from a guy up in Riviere du Loup Quebec. Apparently the car is originally from Montreal. Car has been sitting more of less for 20 years. probably more. Engine turns over no problem. I will post pictures as I go through the car and in the cleanup

I probably mentioned this before, but because of the way you ordered cars back in those days, with hundreds of different configurations, I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually quite a few one-of-a-kind cars.

Cool, I have one of the 4 known to exist US Polara 500 convertibles with the Magnum 440 (probably only 4 or so made)

Alan

Mine does have a dual snorkel , guess they used both ?

Does your Polara's have the 440 Magnum emblem on the fendera. I am trying to find out if its original or was added somewhere along the way.
A Canadian parts book would probably show it as all Monaco with the Magnum 440 would have been the same.

Alan

when you get new seat upholstery be aware that you need to order 69 Sport Fury seat covers - Canadian Monacos used sport fury upholstery.
the white upholstery on my car has been dyed black but i got new white ones from Legendary

69 monaco 500 (1).jpg

According to Vans
66 67 68 Charger Coronet
67 Chrysler 300 Monaco Polara
66 Monaco Polara
440 Magnum Fender Emblem

This is the US market, nothing saying that Canada did the same.
My vote is no, not original.

Alan

Also I feel had they been original they most likely would have put them on the fender just above the Monaco 500 "emblem"

Alan

Back