Name that C body

Rattle Trap

Reaction score
So I happened into some random NOS panels...
Mostly Mopar. Couple AMC Javelin doors.
But I cannot match this fender up to anything. It's 65.5" long and is clearly 72 and up by the marker light holes. Whats it fit?

20131016_183833.jpg

I haven't the slightest idea.

Is there a part number on it?

I was thinking interceptor

We have a w ............ sunuva...:soapbox:

That 2" wide flat top ridge throws it off any pix I've seen of anything. The fender top is about 7.5" wd at the front. The recessed lip is Chrysler as is the marker hole. That is absolutely identical to compared others. But what could it be? Did Mopar really make an X100 Interceptor in 72? Hmmm....

Oh I got it, you know the answer and this fun for you.

Its part of the flap ram assy for a PBY Catalina, now lets see if TBMfan gets this ;)

Its part of the flap ram assy for a PBY Catalina, now lets see if TBMfan gets this ;)

WOW! I hadn't even considered that possibility! But I don't think it's PBY. Maybe PB-X100 ?!!!?;)

Honestly I don't know what these fenders are any more than anyone else it seems. My guess is, Imperial. Note the small screw hole on either side of the marker holes. I believe that to be for a chrome applique.

The PN is 3685973, but my searches have come up empty on that number except that it's in stock, by number only at a few places I haven't called.

A better pic would help identify it. One of it on its own or some different angle shots.

Back