Nathanael's 2018 Carlisle Pictures

Boy, I hope I got his name right... I'd hate to misspell the name of the young man who proves I would lose on a Jeff Foxworthy game show.

This newest "rental kid" not only took some wonderful pictures, he constantly cracked me up. I was that kid they diagnosed as "hyperactive" and would have a slew of alphabet names for today... most just remember me as that annoying little $%^&. Nathaniel had some of those same qualities... except I think he was better behaved than I was.

A big shout out to his older brother and sister, who did a fabulous job of helping keep him out of trouble... and the Mr. and Mrs. Live for the King for allowing him to survive. Look at me, we hyper kids can grow up to be much less distracted adults... :rolleyes:

BTW... he filled the sdd card on the camera, I may need to do something about that next time.:lol:
Only one letter off on the name, we spell it the less common way; Nathanael. He'll be the last one to give you a hard time over it. The cameras make the weekend much more enjoyable for the kids. They have a way to interact.

Bob... you, me and a platoon of soldiers couldn't have matched the energy of this young man... he's a dynamo...
I will second that!!!

He did awesome. And good on you for giving kids a camera and cutting them loose. They probably covered more ground in an hour than most of us could in a day
At the end of Friday he was leading me around...

I originally thought myself a genius for turning the cameras over... but boy, they do give me a lot of work at the end... don't they?
Is this where we say the joke is one you...? You were a genius for coming up with the idea.

Like AND Agree...

Edit: We really need to send @live4theking a full set of parts manuals for the children to study. Has anyone else noticed what a good job they do of finding the stuff under the tables in the swap??? This child labor thing could be a real goldmine if we play it right...
They help with cutting firewood, building a shed and anything else that I can safety involve them with. No video games in our house.

Carlisle.PNG

Quality time with the "Ripinator".
p.s. I did find the guy with NOS point an condensors Rip. Also i"ve got one of the electronic voltage regulators you showed me on order.
thanks.

Last edited:
View attachment 199279

Quality time with the "Ripinator".
p.s. I did find the guy with NOS point an condensors Rip. Also i"ve got one of the electronic voltage regulators you showed me on order.
thanks.
Member @halifaxhops was in the corner and had a bunch of his Sun equipment with him... there were a few pictures of his stuff in this thread.

Only one letter off on the name, we spell it the less common way; Nathanael. He'll be the last one to give you a hard time over it. The cameras make the weekend much more enjoyable for the kids. They have a way to interact.

I will second that!!!

At the end of Friday he was leading me around...

Is this where we say the joke is one you...? You were a genius for coming up with the idea.

They help with cutting firewood, building a shed and anything else that I can safety involve them with. No video games in our house.
Thank you, I fixed the spelling... can't have a disappointed artist over a thing like that. You are right, the joke is on me... but it's worth every moment to see the fun they had and they do produce some great results. You have a great crew there.

No video games??!! CONGRATULATIONS!! What about a CAD program they can design cars on? Future CNC machinists?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Yup tell you what not bringing large testers there again to much work!

Will just do the smalls next year, have a lot of them also.

Thanks for sharing with those of us that didn't make it, looks like you guy's had a great time

Thanks for sharing with those of us that didn't make it, looks like you guy's had a great time
It's always good to be surrounded by old parts for sale, nice cars to gawk at, and the great friends I've met here...

Carlisle is an experience I would recommend to anyone with an interest in Mopars. I don't know how much fun the A,B,E folks are... but the C Body crowd is all about enjoying ourselves. You don't see a lot of jealousy or harsh attitudes... we save most of that for here. My parts car was well received a couple years ago, and I felt no hesitation showing back up with her... too bad she didn't make it... My paint would have made Dave's Charger look stunning.

It's always good to be surrounded by old parts for sale, nice cars to gawk at, and the great friends I've met here...

Carlisle is an experience I would recommend to anyone with an interest in Mopars. I don't know how much fun the A,B,E folks are... but the C Body crowd is all about enjoying ourselves. You don't see a lot of jealousy or harsh attitudes... we save most of that for here. My parts car was well received a couple years ago, and I felt no hesitation showing back up with her... too bad she didn't make it... My paint would have made Dave's Charger look stunning.

I'm always surprised when I see someone who has never been.

This was what, year 26? They've never been to the biggest Mopar event ever? Puzzling.
Nah... some of us let too much BS get in the way... you always ask how I managed to be such a late bloomer when we talk... I was thrilled to work (indirectly) for Chrysler in the 90's, I was tremendously disappointed by both the 98 LH replacements and the German takeover (which ended the affiliation of my job)... Funny, that I went on to work for the Germans... but I never felt the same way about any of my jobs after that, just chasing a paycheck and loving cars.

BTW... to try to answer your regular question... I did fall away from Mopars in general and started buying (mostly) more practical vehicles for myself... the decision to come back to the Imperials was a combination of love and money... I never stopped loving Formals, but they seldom just appear when searching for old cars in general. I had to narrow my searches down past the B body desires to decide the C Bodies were my best fit. I even got some goofy F,M,J ideas along the way.

I'd be dangerous with Leno $$... I'd own all sorts of goofy cars. AFAIAC, I have found the cars I can be happy focusing on... and I do appreciate the others that surround me... heck, I even though about your dad's wagon for a moment.

Back