Nationals 2022

Omni

Reaction score
Only a couple of weeks away. Haven't seen any threads on this.
Anyone going?

Omni

I’ll be there in the swap meet as usual. :thumbsup:
btw if anybody needs anything for there ‘64 through ‘68 Imp I might have it and could bring it down.

I was there 21 years in a row....
Will be blowing it off for the 9th straight year.....

Wish it would be what it was...... Let me know if it ever becomes a decent show, again......

Good luck to all who go.... Have a good time , all.... ( will miss you....)

Thanxxx, Craig......

I made it 17 out of 21 consequtive years in the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s. I saw lots of neat stuff, endured the initial years in Indy and the return to National Trails. I was always impressed with the inter-generational orientation of that show and the Mopar Hobby. Grandparents tending to grandkids while their parents were out looking at the event, for example. Just plain NEAT!

ONE thing is for sure, it was best if you were younger and in-shape to attend that show Wednesday to Saturday afternoon . . . and see everything.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

ONE thing is for sure, it was best if you were younger and in-shape to attend that show Wednesday to Saturday afternoon . . . and see everything.
That is why we rent a golf cart.
Granted the show area has shrunk over the past couple of years . The judged cars are now eat of the track, instead of in the large field on the west side. The west side is now general parking (paved paradise and put up a parking lot) - sorry Joni....
Omni

By the time I stopped attending (for work-related reasons), a very good "car show" was in the general parking lot across the road from the track entrance. No trailer vehicles over there, just mormal cars people still owned and obviously cherished.

CBODY67

The 'Party Barge' will set sail tomorrow A.M. It will dock in the judging area all weekend.

Back from the Nationals
Decent turn-out as far as spectators go. The weather was perfect. Manufactures Midway had a total of two vendors (not counting T-shirt and 'Harbor Freight ' type tools). Sad to see the show dying. Overheard one of the Mopar magazine editors say that he thought it would be history in two years. Many vendors that were there last year were absent this year.
No street cruising at all in Heath/Newark. The long arm of the law was out in force.
Judging was better than last year in that it was all done on Friday. Many beautiful and unique cars.
Omni

The swap meet was very busy, good turnout, beautiful weather and I sold over half (volume) of what I brought so people were spending.:thumbsup:
@Zymurgy sorry I missed you this time. I wandered over in the afternoon and was told you’d left by Dave’s crew.

The Nats is dead, too bad it did not die sooner. The Nats owner has been made a millionaire on our backs. Yes i know them and have nothing good to say about them.
At the #13 nats in Indianapolis IN -[correction from before] he was totally responsible for the ensuing chaos with the police. Riot police, helicopters, roadblocks, cops out of control. I witnessed what happened and we all paid the price. Hoosier hospitality at it's finest.

The reports about the swap meet or show being "busy" are an embellishment based on the online videos posted/watched and phone calls i received from those whom have been in the mopar business since these cars were used cars no one wanted.

Last edited:
The swap meet was very busy, good turnout, beautiful weather and I sold over half (volume) of what I brought so people were spending.:thumbsup:
@Zymurgy sorry I missed you this time. I wandered over in the afternoon and was told you’d left by Dave’s crew.
I made a couple passes down your row and missed you, glad you had a good weekend. We couldn't have got a better weather weekend in August. Cheers!

I thought swap meet and car corral were fairly active. Agree that Midway was just about dead . . .

Back