NBA great Kobe Bryant killed on 'copter crash

Let it go.. those that want to chime in will, if not it will die off...
He's just number three in the triad of death to me. Neil Peart of Rush, Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, both of which were great people to me, and now Kobe... an arrogant sob, I really don't give a hoot about.. but sad in a way non the less.

I don't follow pro sports at all so no idea of his charter on/off the court, but at the end of the day he was still a husband and father so now a family is without a loved one and we can all relate to that I hope.

Hmm, an arrogant SOB. Well I can think of another arrogant SOB right off the top of my head. I have no problem with being that if it is in your field and you are arguably one of the best at it. So when it comes to put up or shut up, he put up unlike others.

Seems there were nine people on board along with his 13 year old daughter who was to play in a basketball game this Sunday.

I don't trust helicopters especially so when flying in less than optimal conditions such as fog as maybe the case here. You are low to the ground and things get in the way. Same for Bill Graham. Of course, a friend on mine flew as a Navy crew chief in a Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King for some years. Ditched into the water once but still loves and works on them for a private firm in Sac. He thinks I'm nuts. Come to think of it there is Dennis, in the Philippines who was also a crew chief and ditched three times and speaks fondly of it. So who is nuts.

Last edited:
Hmm, an arrogant SOB. Well I can think of another arrogant SOB right off the top of my head. I have no problem with being that if it is in your field and you are arguably one of the best at it. So when it comes to put up or shut up, he put up unlike others.

Seems there were nine people on board along with his 13 year old daughter who was to play in a basketball game this Sunday.

I don't trust helicopters especially so when flying in less than optimal conditions such as fog as maybe the case here. You are low to the ground and things get in the way. Same for Bill Graham. Of course, a friend on mine flew as a Navy crew chief in a Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King for some years. Ditched into the water once but still loves and works on them for a private firm in Sac. He thinks I'm nuts. Come to think of it there is Dennis, in the Philippines who was also a crew chief and ditched three times and speaks fondly of it. So who is nuts.

It was really weird outside today very low fast moving clouds. That might’ve been what got him. I bet it was fine where they took off and they flew into that muck. I’ve done some time on Hueys in the 80’s and the pilots from the war always said flying a chopper into that kind of stuff would scare Superman. One guy described it as flying in a bottle of milk. Lots and lots of crews lost to the mountains in Vietnam because of fog & clouds. Just sucks nobody deserves to go like that especially kids.

My take on the story is there were 7 other people that also died. I guess according to the media they did not matter..
I don't know anything about any of them but to single one out as so important and not hardly acknowledge the others is disgusting.
There will be many grieving families.

This is still a hot topic on the talk radio as the 'well to do' in LA have taken to helicopters to avoid this.

Nightime.LA.Traffic.jpg

Also his hush money payment (millions $$$) to get out of the sexual assault case with the minor.

This is still a hot topic on the talk radio as the 'well to do' in LA have taken to helicopters to avoid this.

View attachment 349359

Also his hush money payment (millions $$$) to get out of the sexual assault case with the minor.

LA traffic !!! Jay Leno has a hilarious story about praying for heavy traffic so he could drive one of his slugs on the freeway. He said when traffic is doing 20 mph his ancient this or that was right in its element humming along at 20 - 25 mph. The one man in LA praying for heavy traffic is the biggest car nut in town !!! Sorry your comment just reminded me of that funny story....

heh yea Jay Leno, think Doc needs to make a meme...

maxresdefault.jpg

think if he was on the freeway in one of his behemoth's like the tank car he'd get jeered for taking up too much space! (or uber-CalTrans would fine'im)

:rofl:

Back