WANTED need 68 440 HP good core

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdenkler

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I give up on CL and other sources. I need a good 68 440 HP core for 68 300.
Am considering spending a fortune that I don't have to have CME in SC remanufacture 440 that I provide at a cost of $2000 using either their core at $1200 or my core at a lesser cost.

Anyone have any experience with this company. They have been around @ 10 years. 12000 std warranty. 36000 or 100000 if pay more.
They say they magnaflux either core they find or one I provide. If I go this route I want a 68 L 375 rather than K 350 engine.
Any advice/ssuggestions? I know someone had stored a grease filled 440 years ago. shouda,coulda,etc
Open to ideas. Lots of you guys I trust.
Thanks,
Tom Denkler

There is no difference in a HP stamped block and a block of the same year that wasn't stamped HP.

I have a colleague with a 68 HP 440 bare block, .40 over. Nice condition if you are interested. Fairly priced too!

There is no difference in a HP stamped block and a block of the same year that wasn't stamped HP.
I understand the stamping, but thought cam was longer duration and hardware matched up before assembly. not %100 sure though
Tom

Agree. A 440 block is a 440 block. It's the internals that make the difference.

You said you were open to ideas.....save time and money....find any solid standard bore 440 block. It's the quality of the components and assembly that matter;not the stamping code.

I'm not a big fan of "date correct" engines. Not original is not original whether it's a block from the same year or not.

I understand the stamping, but thought cam was longer duration and hardware matched up before assembly. not %100 sure though
Tom
The cam is different, but everything else is the same... Same valve train, valve springs etc. on the heads. Same pistons, rods, crank etc. on the short block in 1968.

Other years may be different... But that is true for 1968.

Unless you gotta have a date coded block... any 440 block is going to work.

Agree. A 440 block is a 440 block. It's the internals that make the difference.

You said you were open to ideas.....save time and money....find any solid standard bore 440 block. It's the quality of the components and assembly that matter;not the stamping code.

I'm not a big fan of "dkate correct" engines. Not original is not original whether it's a block from the same year or not.
I agree I just have to make sure I get a uncracked block,crank, no sleeves, etc cause they use block I send not one off the shelf.
that's what I'm looking for. tks for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back