Need 71 Fury towed from Twinsburg, OH Looking for help $$$

Transport is probably one of the reasons I am nervous about considering a long distance car. Between the costs and logistics of pick up and drop off. Not to mention the actual purchasing of the vehicle.
But then that's just the way I am nervous about everything.

Last edited:
late to thread.

I literally have moved/had moves, like some of you, hundreds of vehicles (including buses/motorhomes).

Like Ayilar said, I have used A&A in GA with largely with success, as well as members here with good results too.

So can't add much to what has been said above except ini 30 years at it, worldwide, boiled down to five points I have concluded (may or may not match others' experience):

1. getting contemporary recommendations from trusted sources (members here, good friends, other reputable sources, etc.) is a good start

2. think about the transport options, and all the elements of cost, before you buy/sell/move a vehicle

3. if you are time pinched, want a specific date for PU/delivery, going from/to some place off the beaten path, caught in a seasonal eddy/going against the flow, be they brokers or own their own fleet, paying more has a greater likelihood

4. the usual stuff, in-op vs running, open or closed transport, etc. add/subtract costs

5. IF find somebody/company you like, who is insured, if you transport a lot/little, or you cant/dont wanna handle the move yourself, STICK with that trusted company/person
:)

@amazinblue82 hit all the right points. On his advice and based on his huge long term AND his more recent experience, I decided to stick with A&A for my last two cars despite the long unexpected delays. That is, I trusted his/my guy there (Ray) that they would come through in the end. I am glad to report that he did! They picked up my two latest purchases — a ‘72 Chrysler (5 weeks, 4 more than planned, from NY to IL) and ‘71 Dodge (6 weeks, 5 more than planned, from OR to IL). In both cases, it cost me a bit more in the end than expected, but the NYer just got to the shop and the Polara will soon be there too.

Now as @amazinblue82 said, if you or your seller needs a specific date or needs it moved yesterday, etc. then plan accordingly and be ready to pay (much) more with a specialized company. In all cases, communicate clearly with the sellers — and remember that when you buy a car you “buy“ the seller too.

Last edited:
i'll chime in. ayilar did display remarkable patience.

A&A (Ray) has moved nine for me in seven months.

BUT ...

Since Memorial Day 2020 (not hijacking/debating) I had 3 (ALL going to NY state, from 3 different states) get hung up in TIME (and 5-10% more cost than estimated). I had a fourth go to NY (with the kind help of a member here) with no issues two weeks ago.

My transport industry sources, and my own business experience during this pandemic in its various incarnations (again, dont wanna debate its existence here - whole nother big thread on that),

well when a state says "I dont want anyone in from (fill in the blank) in my state without two week quarantine" --- whether the state can effectively enforce that kinda rule or not --- , that probably has a chilling effect on "mom & pop" owner operators willing to go in and out of that state.

I stick with guys/gals through difficulty if I can. If they communicate with me, admit failures, I'll ride it out with 'em

Oh yeah, you ARE indeed "buying" the seller too. They have a BIG role to play (can you find them at pickup time, if prickly making deal likely to be same at move time) as whether the "move goes smooth", or :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Back