Need Sealt Belt Info

wihaltom

Reaction score
I need to know the correct seat belts to get for my 66 300.
I found a site called "gotbelts.com" but they have so many choices, it becomes confusing.
What is the correct length for the belts?
What is the correct latch type?
Any information you can give me is appreciated.

dang my 66 newport doesnt have any either someone snagged them out of it before i got it.are these seatbelts made of gold lol

Here is where I bought mine. http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/category/2-Point-Retractable-Seatbelts.html Very reasonalbly priced and lots of colors to choice from. I bet there is a blue that would look nice in your car.

They are a 2 point chrome lift latch, retractable lap belt in the front and regular 2 point lap belts, 60 inch, in the back of my vert. I think they are the same for your 4 door in the back. They still are not exactly like the original. If you are worried about a judge deducting points for not being original they aren't for you. The only difference in the retractable side is slightly different. I'm very happy with the look and in my opinion no one but a judge and a few members on this site wouldn't realize they aren't original.

I can take a picture of the new and old belts side by side when I go to my shop on Saturday and then post the pictures Saturday night hl800-2_point_retractable.jpgChrome lift latch.jpg

.SILVER6007.jpgpowderblue4005.jpg

Chrome lift latch.jpg

hl800-2_point_retractable.jpg

powderblue4005.jpg

SILVER6007.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had much time to work on the car.
I need to poke in the floors and find the bolt holes and get the carpet trimmed away so I can get them installed when I finally get them ordered.
Thanks for all the input.

Okay, I got around to ordering the seatbelts.
Does anyone have any measurements that could be used as a starting point to find those bolt holes in the floors for the attachment points?
With my knee messed up, it's really hard to get the beast jacked up and get under it to look for the holes that way.
Thanks for any information you may have.

If I showed a picture of myself, you would understand immediately how wrong that suggestion is !!
With my belly, I can't slide under ANYTHING unless it's up on a lift or some tall jackstands !!
I found a couple of pictures on here of bare floor pans and I see where the holes should be.
I think I can poke around and find them from the top.
At least I hope so.

If you can wait until Sunday I will be unwraping the car from the primer coat and can get you some exact measurements. My seats are out so it will be easy to measure and make reference from the door jam.

If you can wait until Sunday I will be unwraping the car from the primer coat and can get you some exact measurements. My seats are out so it will be easy to measure and make reference from the door jam.
That would be a great help.
My new belts won't be here until about Tuesday or Wednesday so waiting is no problem.
I have until the end of May to get them installed.

I took some pictures but my internet is down so I can't up load the photos. I just realized my car is a coupe so I don't know if they will be in the same places, but it should help in the general area.

The toughest problem you might have is if the hole is covered up with the pad. If that is the case you will unfortunately need to take out the seats to pull up the carpet. Do you have a skinny friend?

No skinny friend but I'll figure out a way to get it done somehow.
I wish there were places where a guy could rent time on a lift.
I have several things I need to do under the car and a lift session would be SO HELPFUL !

I think I need to get you some better reference points and better pictures. I am showing you the hole (the screwdriver) from the back of my door jam where it levels out. It is 5", but my front doors are bigger than your 4 door. I hope to get to my shop tomorrow. I will take better pitures and write down to measurements.

seat belt ref 1.sm.jpg

seat belt ref 1.sm.jpg

I did some poking around with an awl and found the holes.
Now I just need to trim the carpet and pad back some and put the new belts in.
That will pretty much wrap up the little things that needed attention.
The locks are fixed, the radio and speakers are installed and the seat belts are all but finished.
I sure do thank all you guys for all the help you have given me on this car.
Now I just need to drive it some more before Power Tour starts.

I took the 300 out Saturday evening to go to dinner, complete with new seatbelts installed.
It felt so good to have people at the restaurant standing in the parking lot, admiring the car and asking a load of questions about it.
I love it when people tell me how great my cars look !!!

I'm envious I can't wait to get my car on the road. I'm glad you are enjoying your 300. What color belts did you end up getting? Show us a picture of your handy work on the belts.

Back