Need some help with drum brakes

Took a closer look at the front drums and they appears to be 2 1/2 made by Century and the pads are 2 inch, looks like mickey mouse was here. Not an issue anymore with disc on now.
Craig, I will be putting together a parts list, covid got us on a budget right now but the tear down is happening. rear pass needs drum ,shoes and cyl and I thinking I may replace all break lines for piece of mind on the car.
Thanks. John

furyIMG_20200509_110129388.jpg

furyIMG_20200509_110431451.jpg

furyIMG_20200509_110543020.jpg

furyIMG_20200509_110637395.jpg

Check this out cbody67
http://www.sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36401
In This write up they list the raybestos 2955r as an option for the D100 up to 1967, it is also listed on rock auto for a 1971 fury. Will it work on a on 68 fury ? I dont know. Also as stated above I put front disc on years ago and took off 11 x 2 drums so this car had 11 x 2 front and back which appears to be odd based on what mobilparts stated. I still have the front drums and they measure 2 inch, are they original I dont know.
I want thank all of you for your help.
Very good forum.

THANKS for that link and another place to research! AND the possibility of other places to chase parts that will bolt onto a car 8.75" rear axle tube.

CBODY67

Took a closer look at the front drums and they appears to be 2 1/2 made by Century and the pads are 2 inch, looks like mickey mouse was here. Not an issue anymore with disc on now.
Craig, I will be putting together a parts list, covid got us on a budget right now but the tear down is happening. rear pass needs drum ,shoes and cyl and I thinking I may replace all break lines for piece of mind on the car.
Thanks. John

View attachment 374479

View attachment 374480

View attachment 374481

View attachment 374482

If you can squeeze it into the budget, do both sides. If one side had an issue, you may be looking at the same problem for the other side. Best to do them as a set and be done with it.

That's not unusual for a brake pad to be smaller that the drum it rides in. It's part of the design. It's not often you see a close fit between the pad width and the drum depth. Gives it room to expand and let off heat

Stormrider,
Our economy is in the worst shape in 91 years -- the Great Depression of 1929 -- and most of us weren't here for that...
Getting back on our feet has to take a back seat to staying healthy....
When you are fiscally ready, give me a holler... Will get you squared away with some nice N.O.S. U.S.A. made parts.
Life is Good. (When some "normalcy" returns....)
Yours, Craig.....
Stay safe, everyone; Drink Orange Juice.....

Back