Need suggestions for new leaf springs and shocks 1970 300 vert

1970300vert

Reaction score
I have called and tried to reasearch for new leaf springs and I found some but they are 7 leaf springs and I have 6 leafe on the car currently.

I also need the rear shackle busings

Shock at all four wheels. Currently the car has monroe shocks on the back with coil helpers on the shocks.

Years ago I loved the way the car road and I dont want to make it too stiff of a ride.

Help LOL

summerfall_08_195.jpg
Thank you

summerfall_08_195.jpg

I justed checked last week for rear leaf springs for my '79 NY'r with St. Louis Spring 314 533 2132 and they were $60 cheaper than Spring and Things. The rear shackle bushings were $1.50 each (will need eight) compared with $20 at Springs and Things. When I get my 78 and 79 NY'rs out I will measure the rear bumper height and go from there.

I was very happy with this business. A few of us has used them. http://www.eatonsprings.com/dodge.htm

You can buy everything you need from them. The u-bolts and shackles are beefer than original and they are make in the USA with US steel. You can also increase or decrease the height of the springs. They matched up perfect when I installed them.

Seven leafs are fine, it will make the car ride stiffer and handle better but that "glide " feeling of a C may go away, though I never noticed that change. Eaton Springs and Springs and Things are the two I have always heard of. I have bought 4 different sets of springs from Springs and Things and never had a issue. Every one I had the springs arched one inch over stock height.

The suggestion would be to replace the hardware, as much as you can. If not, soak everything in your favorite juice to break free from the rust which I would do regardless .

Back