Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria Germany

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria Germany. Nice winter picture of the castle. Been there numerous times.

0582bd59-4de1-496c-8de2-33bf887355d8_980x551.jpg

Great pic!
Looks like a screen shot from a video game.

That's the castle they used in the Walt Disney intro and other Disney movies.

They had indoor plumbing and running water in that castle. They manged to harness water pressure from the waterfall behind the castle.

I could give the tour of that castle and the other 2 castles that King Ludwig built.

They had a kitchen down below with a cooking fireplace big enough to park a Formal in it. I've never seen any dungeons's. LOL! King Ludwig wasn't that type of guy.

Breathtaking picture, thanks Bob.

Been there myself! This, and Berg Eltz, are my favorite castles in Germany. I managed to tour six while I was stationed there.

th

Love the snow picture here is a shot I took in 2011. When I got there you could not see the castle and then the fog started burning off.

405.jpg

405.jpg

If you have any more pics that would be cool too :sSig_thanks:

I have a ton of pictures (before digital camera's) of the castle. I'll get around to scanning them one of these days.

Been there myself! This, and Berg Eltz, are my favorite castles in Germany. I managed to tour six while I was stationed there.

th

I was a big time traveler during the 15 years that I was in Germany. I've been to so many of them that I don't remember some of them unless my niece and nephew drag them out and I'm looking through one of my picture albums. There is another huge castle that King Ludwig's cousin built not far from the U.S. Army prison in Mannheim.

ludwigsburg-palace.jpg

Back