New 1968 300 owner - now with pictures

That's long and lean. I love it. Beautiful ride. I have a 65 Polara convertible and I love it more now than the day I bought it. I am a huge fan of the Elwood Engel design.

WissaMan, that's a beautiful vert!

I'm actually new to this site so I'm just learning my way around.

I had to do a double take on your photos, & then I ran out to my garage to make sure mine was still there! Check it out.
IMG_0570.JPG

I see your car is a car that my have a center arm rest. Would you be able to take a picture of the arm rest with the drivers seat all the way back. I need to mount my arm rest and not sure about the placement. Thank you

I see your car is a car that my have a center arm rest. Would you be able to take a picture of the arm rest with the drivers seat all the way back. I need to mount my arm rest and not sure about the placement. Thank you
I have that arm rest as well. Will take some pics and measurements for you. I believe when opened it lines up with the backrests, or close depending on your seat track positions.

^ You'll probably get to take those pics before me. Ours is currently in the garage getting some suspension work so it'll be a few days until we get it back.

Our 68 NYer had that same arm-rest and when I was a little kid, it was my booster seat so I could see out over the dash. And of course we never wore the seat belts. Real safe huh?

Wissaman, sorry for not responding sooner! Mine has white top, white interior and black carpet. Photos always look better than in person, but it turns a lot of heads. Here's the backside. It has the silver tailpiece as well.
IMG_4826.JPG

That's what I was looking for thank you. Big help. The picture looking down at all three front seats. Is that with both seats all the way back it looks like it.

Wissaman, sorry for not responding sooner! Mine has white top, white interior and black carpet. Photos always look better than in person, but it turns a lot of heads. Here's the backside. It has the silver tailpiece as well.View attachment 215915

To me a white top w/ white interior makes more sense but I confirmed ours is supposed to be black by the fender tag. Ours needs some body work and fresh paint but we too get second looks and thumbs up even in it's current state.

Hey WissaMan, did you get your boot installed yet? I bought one from Rock Auto but did not have time to install it for over a year. Finally got around to it a couple of months ago. It was way undersized so I put a heat gun to it (several times!) and finally got it stretched enough to get it on. In the process I tore up a bunch of the snaps and had to replace them. Can't really testify if the problem was the boot, or me. No, it was the boot. At least I think so,

The price was way cheap, I guess you get what you pay for!

IMG_3125.JPG

No we didn't install ours yet. I didn't realize it would come with "some assembly required" i.e. have to install the snaps. Since we don't have a heated garage to work in and it's already gotten pretty cold, we decided to save this project for warmer weather when we can be more comfortable and take our time doing it.

We did lay it out though and just laying there without any tension it seemed about 1" too narrow, but I'm assuming (hoping) there is some stretch to it and that they want it to be tight. Perhaps we should wait for a hot sunny day to install it so it is most pliable.

Ours came from Legendary Auto Interiors

definitely, the hotter the better. living in a desert does have some advantages, i suppose. blowing dirt this morning (yuk) but already 60 deg F @ 7:30 am.

on the left and right "box" ends of the cover, the center snap going up and down is located directly under an area where three seams converge so its way too thick to install the female side of those two particular snaps (on mine). if I had it to do again, i'd start there and work outward. I need to check into some extra long rivet side of those snaps, don't know if anything is available.

have fun with your beautiful car. its good to know there are people out there preserving these verts. they didn't make very many to start with-

I'm the happy new owner of a 1968 300 convertable! It's in what I would consider above-average condition for a 50 year old car, but it definitely needs some attention to get it to where I'd like it to be.

Just wanted to say hello!

I'm sure I'll be posting some questions here before too long, but I promise I'll search before posting :)
Good for you me too! Won’t fit in my garage!

FF897278-0D46-4CFC-B5F1-D8EBCBCED12F.jpeg

Back