New addition to my family: 1959 King Midget

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
This car came from Colorado to Wisconsin in 1965. It was never titled or licensed for the road here. The car is 100% original with 10k miles. It was just delivered tonight by my friend in his van. My favorite picture is the one of the KM inside the van. I remember these cars being advertised in Mechanic Illustrated from 1951 to 1969. My car is a series III and the last. The popularity of Micro cars now is increasing in popularity and prices are increasing also.
100_0463.JPG
100_0464.JPG
100_0465.JPG
100_0466.JPG
100_0467.JPG
100_0468.JPG

I remember those adds in Popular Science etc. Great find ,,I love it. Give us the low down ,,,specs ,hp and driving impressions..and of course more PICS!! Congrats!

Love it, but have to admit... In my mind it would be more functional with a belly mower attachment. :poke:

Seriously, Pete, do you have a master plan for this one? I agree you might be in at the right time to speculate on her value or a little car like that would be a fun way to cruise at a lot of events.:thumbsup:

First will be my mechanic neighbor will help with mechanical issues to make sure it is safe to drive. It is and always were street legal limited to 60 mph but 35 mph or less is best. At this time a complete paint job will be sought and see where the estimates are. I suspect the front two tires need replacing. This year they had the 9.5 horse Wisconsin motor. There are several videos on YouTube and are informative and entertaining. They (KM) are a devil to find in decent condition and are priced high as demand seems to be there also. Also when they said wood grain dash, they meant it with real wood.

First will be my mechanic neighbor will help with mechanical issues to make sure it is safe to drive. It is and always were street legal limited to 60 mph but 35 mph or less is best. At this time a complete paint job will be sought and see where the estimates are. I suspect the front two tires need replacing. This year they had the 9.5 horse Wisconsin motor. There are several videos on YouTube and are informative and entertaining. They (KM) are a devil to find in decent condition and are priced high as demand seems to be there also. Also when they said wood grain dash, they meant it with real wood.

Not to divert the thread, but, what’s with the Pontiac next to the KM? Parisien or Bonneville? Always liked those..

It is parked at my mechanic neighbors shed. It is a !980 Bonneville Coupe. Very clean car with "Poochy" small V8.

There was one of these at the last show of the year for me and I likely posted a couple of pics of it on that thread. I bet you millennials who are little people would be all up in arms over these.:lol:
Anyway, nice score!

That's the AENL 9.5HP, correct? Bullet proof motors! My Country Squire has the same motor. The tractor was left at one of my Grandparent's rental properties after my Grandfather passed away. The dick who lived in the house mowed the grass with it, generally in 3rd gear at full bore. He blew the piston, took it apart and left it in the basement for 5 years when I got it. New rod, new piston, a good hone and a new carb later, she's good for another 50 years!

IMHO....................UGLY!!!!!
( hope you make a nice profit.......!! ):thumbsup:

Sounds good, in my mind not a practical automobile, but a fun cruiser particularly at events with a lot of space. Same thing I think about for these:
150927085_432cbd40c8.jpg
1921_Ford_Model_T_Touring_2.jpg

Bad for traffic, good for fun.

A guy has one here in town. Had it restored,or I should say restified.They installed a Kawasaki mower engine,I think it's 22HP. Never drives it just has it on display in front of his wife's ice cream shop. Cool little car,but if it were mine I'd drive it,,allot !

Back