New forum..old face

boab august 2017 012.JPG

Got the nos rear speaker in,and the rear defogger along with the rear package shelf. Still not happy with the outside window trim fitment.That will have to be addressed.
boab august 2017 010.JPG

Hood pad is a two man job that is just ignorant.
It can tear easily,and the repop clips are brittle and broke a few already.
Got it in and will get modern day plasti-rivets to finish it off.
boab august 2017 013.JPG

Got the nos rear speaker in,and the rear defogger along with the rear package shelf. Still not happy with the outside window trim fitment.That will have to be addressed.
View attachment 136938
Keep in mind that fit and finish on these cars coming out of the factory when new left a lot to be desired. Still remember the uneven panel gaps on my Dad's 67 Polara. Don't drive yourself crazy.

Had a good day,and I am really stoked that she looking more like the car I had envisioned in my head for the past 12 years.
That and wanting to step up to a higher expectation and standards that I always had admired my whole life.
She is far from original and far from being "Gold Certification"
I really don't care if I ever win trophies for lawn chair races.
This baby is being built to RUN!
Built for me by me --and with a lot of help along the way-- she is already beautiful and getting more gorgeous every day!

With some help from my Brudder Crazy Don, we pulled the front seat out to replace the broken seat frame studs
I actually scored a working power bench assembly a few years back and that will be installed before the seat goes back into the car.
Amazingly the seat itself is in great shape,just needs a good cleaning.
boab august 2017 017.JPG

Last edited:
I bought this carpet set maybe ten years ago???
It was nice to put in the car!! (Ya I tested it when I bought it,but not the same feeling,eh? LOL)
For now I will let it settle in place.
The final install will include seat belt holes,some trimming,and remove the gas pedal bracket to get the front carpet up where it should be.
boab august 2017 007.JPG

boab august 2017 010.JPG

While Crazy Don was still here,he helped me pull the rear bumper down from the rafters.
Years of overspray,dust,dirt,may have protected it,LOL!!
I did a test spot to see if it will come back,LOL
Needs "elbow grease" to shine again,HAhahahahah!
boab august 2017 012.JPG

boab august 2017 016.JPG

boab august 2017 015.JPG

Storage was not kind to the backside of the rear bumper based on the amount of rust discovered.
I treated the bumper with "RUST SEAL"
At least it will never rot from the inside out!
I taped the edges and any mounting holes since this crap cures to harder than a rock!
boab august 2017 001.JPG

boab august 2017 005.JPG

Looking awesome! So nice to see a long term project come together this nicely. Kudos, man!

View attachment 137202 Cleaned/prepped the floors and then installed the Boom mats.
View attachment 137200
View attachment 137201

I've seen that Dynamat stuff at shows and they want a boatload of $$$ for it. Other than the shiny foil I don't see much difference between it and Iceshield rubber roofing underlay and you can do several cars for the price of one Dynamat job.

Shop Grace Construction Products 36-in x 75-ft 200-sq ft Rubber Roof Underlayment at Lowes.com

Car is coming along nicely. Only 12 years? I'll bet every time you see an ad that says "easy resto" you just want to slap the guy silly. :lol:

Kevin

One of the perks of my job of 17 years is I get stuff/parts at staff cost. So the Boom Mat was cheap since the warehouse was clearing it out and since stopped carrying it.

Using gun wash and old rag,I wiped down the chrome.
Found an old orbital polisher and pad and used a pre-wax cleaner to get rid of the residue over spray and permanent marker.
After that I used a chrome polish and buffed with a wool drill bit attachment.
Good as new!
boab august 2017 002.JPG

boab august 2017 003.JPG

boab august 2017 005.JPG

Bumper is installed!!
But...before I could do that,had to thread the plate light wire through the hollow part of the tail panel (joy).
Snowball effect,wired the rear of the car,installed the trunk mat,spare and jack!
boab august 2017 001.JPG

boab august 2017 010.JPG

Installed the rare Reverb system today,along with the working used AM/FM thumbwheel radio. Since I was in the dash,I installed my NOS radio face plate,fader button,and map light.
The NOS totes are getting lighter!!
boab august 2017 011.JPG

boab august 2017 005.JPG

boab august 2017 010.JPG

boab august 2017 007.JPG

Back