New forum..old face

AM/FM must be rare for that year. Very nice.
The radio I scored is actually 1967 only but fits 1968.
1968 Chrysler's upscale AM/FM were Delco units (used in Olds,Buick,and Cadillacs) and had round knobs.
Visually speaking,the round knobs just don't work with the rest of the dash,in my personal opinion.

After fighting and wrestling with the repop glove box,I had my fill for today.
It looks nice out of its wrapper,but a bear to install and stay put.
Even after undoing the dash frame right lower bolt,still had to jam this POS into place.
I cleaned shop after this monu-"mental" task
boab august 2017 003.JPG

Got the carpet trimmed,and finally installed for good along with the garnish trims,kick panels,seat belts,and sill plates.
boab august 2017 010.JPG

boab august 2017 008.JPG

Right before I installed the rear divider & back seat,using an old soap stone,I made my mark..
boab august 2017 001.JPG

I decided it would be much easier to work on the dash first then install the front seat as the last interior task.
Sure it all worked--but that was ten years ago.
Tested all circuits for continuity and replaced any bad bulbs.
boab august 2017 015.JPG

Years of NOS collecting now getting applied..
Headlight switch,wiper switch.
Back in 2009 I assembled my cluster with NOS ammeter and fuel gauge,NOS speedo head that is at ZERO (not reset or tampered) and NOS clock that works!
Topped off with NOS clock reset button!!
boab august 2017 019.JPG

boab august 2017 014.JPG

boab august 2017 013.JPG

As August draws to a close,and with the interior almost done,the engine will be running in September!!

As August draws to a close,and with the interior almost done,the engine will be running in September!!

Your efforts here bring real meaning to the words of Chief Dan George in "The Outlaw Josey Wales." He said: "Endeavor to persevere!" You have certainly done that. You have done an awesome job with your car.

All dash works done!
Yes,that's a box of NOS bulbs!
Used dielectric lube on all connections and sockets.
Wired the car for the power seat which I installed on the original bench seat.
Replaced the rusty gear shifter and installed the gas pedal.
Just need to put in the front seat AND the engine bay is NEXT!
boab september 2017 003.JPG

boab september 2017 004.JPG

boab september 2017 001.JPG

boab september 2017 005.JPG

I just love your car and all the work you have put into it. Would you please stand away from the car ?
Thanks!
I will as soon I get the damn thing running and take nicer pics outside in the sun.
LOL!!
The garage just does not do the paint job justice.

Back