New here, 1965 Polara 500

bryan396

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Bryan. I just found this site when doing research for this
car I'm interested in. Its a 1965 Polara 500, all original, 92.xxx mi. bucket seats, console, 383 auto.
The guy wanted $6500 but I got him down to $5500. I'm new to C Bodies, so is this a good price?

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me, let's see the interior and underhood.
BTW, Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I didn't get any other pics. Interior is in real good shape, no rips as far as I
can remember, the drivers door panel had a small tear. Engine is nice too, a little dirty, no leaks new ps hose.

Is that a Michigan plate on it? I think you did all right on it as long as you're happy with it, love the color!

Welcome and a great find. It looks like there's nothing to fix on her. I'd say it was worth it.

VERY nice looking indeed, love those wheels, looks pretty cool on that body style.

.....your lucky, I'm still looking for the right combo for my ride.

Welcome, it looks decent. Its a tough call on price by looking at a few photos. As previously mentioned we'd have to see the interior, under the hood and trunk floor to be more honest.
But it looks great from twenty feet away

Welcome, it looks decent. Its a tough call on price by looking at a few photos. As previously mentioned we'd have to see the interior, under the hood and trunk floor to be more honest.
But it looks great from twenty feet away

Great! Now I'm going to have to reclass my Ny'er from a 10' car to a 50' car.

:laughing11::laughing11::laughing11:

Well it does look great from here :eusa_whistle:

Thank You. I'm just about done with the safety list of repairs, wiper cam fix is the last one to fix. Then I can start on the 10' repairs.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to pick it up on thursday, weather permitting.

Classic body style. 2 doors are worth more. Probably little rust since Nevada. Hopefully kept out of the sun so no uV damage to seats and rubber. Price depends a lot on engine and options. A 440, 4-sp would be most valuable, though maybe not best for a daily driver. Show us the engine, and we can give some tips.

Here are some int and engine pics. I'll try and get some more later.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Beautiful pictures. I would seriously consider upgrading to a dual chamber brake master cylinder setup.

Beautiful pictures. I would seriously consider upgrading to a dual chamber brake master cylinder setup.

It seems to stop good now. I would rather
spend money on other stuff first, but I will keep
it in mind.

Very nice, I think you did fine on it.

Back