New Ignition coils, what's best?

I haven't used that actual coil but I have used a lot of Accel brand coils on modular fords with great results.

Been using those for years.Always worked without any problem,pretty much the same as OEM Mopar

Been using those for years.Always worked without any problem,pretty much the same as OEM Mopar
Okay, if it isn't any better than OEM, I can get a high quality OEM style replacement from Rockauto for like $8. I was wondering if the extra dollars got me any better performance or reliability.
That's what I'm running. The only thing I don't like about it is the bright yellow. I might have to spray bomb it.
Yes my thought was to paint it satin black before fitting it.

Before I bought mine and I was looking at them I saw somewhere that stock ones have 13,000 volts and the accel one has 42,000 volts. I asked at the parts store one day and they confirmed it.

Still available from your friendly neighborhood Dodge Dealer

P/N 2495531 Retail $50

Or Jegs has Mopar Performance same thing. Use them on all 3 of mine. Had problems with Accel stuff back in the 80's never gone back

I purchased one of those for my 383 a few years ago. I also purchased a set of their plug wires at the same time. I installed the wires immediately, but I didn't install the coil right away and just left it in it's box, sitting on a shelf in my garage. About six months or so later, I noticed that the box was saturated with oil. The coil was leaking! So, since it was too late to take it back to the store where I bought it, I took a chance and mailed it to Accel, along with a letter explaining the problem, not a nasty letter though, LOL. A couple weeks later, I received a new coil in the mail. So, I was quite happy with their customer service.

This coil has slightly less primary resistance than the factory coil, so that may or may not be a concern. I bought their big Super Coil many years ago for my 390 and even with the extra ballast resistor that came with it, I still ended up frying my points. I had to add a second ballast resistor, but even with two ballast resistors wired in series, that coil made a huge improvement to the way my engine ran. I still have that coil on my 390 and it still works great.

I purchased one of those for my 383 a few years ago. I also purchased a set of their plug wires at the same time. I installed the wires immediately, but I didn't install the coil right away and just left it in it's box, sitting on a shelf in my garage. About six months or so later, I noticed that the box was saturated with oil. The coil was leaking! So, since it was too late to take it back to the store where I bought it, I took a chance and mailed it to Accel, along with a letter explaining the problem, not a nasty letter though, LOL. A couple weeks later, I received a new coil in the mail. So, I was quite happy with their customer service.

This coil has slightly less primary resistance than the factory coil, so that may or may not be a concern. I bought their big Super Coil many years ago for my 390 and even with the extra ballast resistor that came with it, I still ended up frying my points. I had to add a second ballast resistor, but even with two ballast resistors wired in series, that coil made a huge improvement to the way my engine ran. I still have that coil on my 390 and it still works great.

Leaking was the reason I stopped using Accel that and their plug wires arced a lot. Now this was 25 years ago so no idea how they are today.

Leaking was the reason I stopped using Accel that and their plug wires arced a lot. Now this was 25 years ago so no idea how they are today.
I haven't bought anything from them for about five or six years now, but I haven't needed to. I used to buy their spark plugs. I always liked them and found them to be good quality, although I'm using Autolites in my 383. I noticed that Accel recently changed from yellow plugs to white plugs, like everyone else. Hopefully, the look and not the quality is all that has changed.

Same experience here, but mine was an Accel coil for a Harley V-Twin. Coil was a complete POS. It died after about a thousand miles.

Back