New Member from Montana - '68 300

Having wrenched on A & B bodies for years, I recently got interested in C Bodies and just picked up a nice '68 Chrysler 300. The car is LOADED! It has the TNT 440, power bucket seats, tilt/telescoping wheel, A/C, power windows, rear defrost, automatic trunk release, automatic light sensor, cruise control, power disk brakes, 3.23 gears, and probably some things I've forgotten. I added the 15" Magnum 500s and 275 width tires fit nicely under those fender skirts! Purchase price was a bargain $3K and the car has a like-new 2.5" dual exhaust system with Flowmasters.

It needs a vinyl top and carpet.View attachment 59737View attachment 59738View attachment 59739

Future plans are to make it a "one-of-none" car with an overdrive aluminum A-833 4 speed. I have all the parts gathered already except a pedal assembly. I also have a 3.91 Suregrip to swap in.

-Steve

View attachment 59737

View attachment 59738

View attachment 59739
Hi Steve, congratulation to this beautiful car.
Regards from Bavaria Germany

I just found this thread again, the trans turned out great. When I first saw the hemi I thought you were going to put it in the 300.

As usual I'm late to the party as usual. Posted this before but thought I would share how I mounted the same clutch master as yours. Wanted to make sure there was a solid backing so I extended the brake master mounting plate. Pressed in a brass bushing on the pedal lever that allows pivot and an adjuster on the rod to thread in or out.

Master Linkage 1.jpg

IMG_20140209_110425.jpg

Master Plate 5.jpg

As usual I'm late to the party as usual. Posted this before but thought I would share how I mounted the same clutch master as yours. Wanted to make sure there was a solid backing so I extended the brake master mounting plate. Pressed in a brass bushing on the pedal lever that allows pivot and an adjuster on the rod to thread in or out.

Curious whether you've driven this car with the setup you built? I ask because typically there's a leverage ratio between the clutch pedal and the clutch, but yours is designed with a horizontal straight connection to the clutch master cylinder. Mine has about a 45 degree angle to the M/C and works like a dream!

Your work looks good.
I want to do a '70, any tips on what will fit ; pedals links and such?View attachment 77996
Hi, just catching up so sorry for the late reply. Anyway, since my car is a "slab side" and yours is a "fuselage" body style, I don't have the expertise to comment. When I embarked on my project I just did a ton of reading on forums like this and figured it out. I also have experience from doing 4 speed swaps in several A & B body Mopars.

My biggest challenge was finding the pedal assembly because so few of these cars had a manual transmission. I found a guy in Wyoming who had them and bought two sets just because they're rare. His name is Mark and here's his contact info: (307) 272-7363, mark_17_2007@hotmail.com

Good Luck!

Back