New Muffler Sound Laws and Enforcement

Another high decibel sound maker annoys me is when I was doing high end kitchens and in the spring and summer we could sit outside in the shade to eat lunch a lawn company would pull up near by and run their mowers , hedge trimmers, weed walkers and leaf blowers. To this day I hate them and all of mine are battery power.
Leaf blowers are banned in Beverley Hills California, some other cities too, I think Santa Barbara and that city the Clowncarpdashians live in Calabasis(?). They aren't banned because of the 2-Stroke engine but for the constant noise from the 'Back Pack Blower Brigade'. What gets my *** is they don't do any work as they just shift **** around, and if you live in a windy area it just blows back... duh. Job security I guess for some. I'd get annoyed as all get out when I lived in the downtown area and I'd be enjoying a quiet morning coffee with a cool ocean/river breeze from my very large open windows and along comes a city worker with a backpack blower to blow the Live Oak leaves off the scenic brick sidewalks (another stupid story in itself). Now if anybody knows anything about Live Oaks is that they don't have a very large leaf like a traditional oak tree, they are very pesky to rake and there is a shitload of them so a leaf blower is sort of a logical choice. BUT if you just blow them into a out of sight corner they just blow right back as being by the ocean we constantly get a steady breeze of 10/15 and up to 20mph with gusts to 30mph and it just blows the **** right back (job security) But by my age then I learned you can't tell city hall anything.

Now at one time I was taking a quick jaunt across US1 to Walgreens for some milk and in waiting to cross the noontime traffic here comes a state prison pre-release worker with this blower that's really quiet on our now high maintenance median. Whoola! It's a Stihl blower so when I get home I goggley it an shur'nuff they make a quiet blower, it's still a 2-Stroke but with a large muffler but it has some kind of aerodynamic snout to quiet the blowers air rush output. Ah here it is the 65 db one, jeeeez who would know that they had so many different models now, they don't really toot their horn on the website much about this other than "or in municipalities with noise restrictions', most is how fuel efficient and 'Nature Friendly' their blowers are.

BR 500 Backpack Blower STIHL USA.jpg

Funny going through the spec's to find that one I see the top of the line are pushing out 219 mph wind, oh boy won't that be the suburban dad bragging rights, 'you got a 180 mph Vette'? Well I got a 200+ mph leaf blower!

:rofl:

Just the other day in the morning I heard a local jackass from across US1 revving up his cam'd out Harley, these were long full throttle rev's as to clean out the plugs. I just sat back and said, aaayep it was pretty cold outside last night (61°) Not this last Biketoberfest but the over a year ago's one, he had fouled a plug real bad and was into a long rev it up session on a very cold night, lotta backfiring and he'd go out onto US1 and run up & down with it farting and backfiring for like almost a hour. I just thought FFS put a set of spark plugs in it.

Thats what kills me with these clowns that Stage 1,2,3,&4(?) Is there really a 4? their Harleys. I'd get the Spinal Tap stage 11 ya'think? anyways back in the 'I got a real Harley, you don't' AMF bashing days, I had a long childhood friend that had taken some barroom bozo's advice to cam his new post AMF Harley for more performance. He then lost all drivability with a sever flatspot from idle. DUH! I was nice to him when he asked me what he needed and if there was anything I can do to sort it out. Now by then (1984?) Harley was choked up with sound decibel mufflers, had air cleaner silencer and electronic ignition with a PVC system. I think it still had a carburetor and I don't know how much of a computer control they had and really didn't want too know. Usually I just laugh at these jackass's and remind them how much AMF bikes have less imported parts on them than theirs. But I was nice, I could of turned it into a money making job opportunity but with the electronic ignition and PVC system I just didn't want to go there as the job could skyrocket into big bucks. I just told him to put his stock cam back in, then of course he could open up the exhaust and air intake, get it to breathe, then you have to get into jetting the carb, and who knows what else with the electronic ignition and/or if it has a computer control module. Again big bucks $$$$ time & money.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OK Roger That!

Here's my latest annoyance, the Flight University doing laps, the X to the east was where a realtor showed me a couple of houses, the houses were too deep into the subdivision (Fairway Estates) and close to the 'hood of Midtown. Pass, I was more interested in property closer to the state road. Later on, when I went to the WinnDixie as I was standing outside the entrance finishing my cigarette around 4pm I noticed all the planes overhead circling and just thanked God I didn't move there. The second X was for a place that the realtor sent me an email on, I said WTF it's at the end of a runway, she responded back with something like Mark Martin or Michael Skinner has property in that neighborhood. I went and found another realtor... Oh about the Fairway Estates subdivision, during the flooding in 2009 someone in the local online newspaper comments section named the place 'Fishbowl Estates'
I stayed dry in 2009.

07-08-22.ERAU.LAPS.002.X.COPY.jpg

But it's getting worse as they are starting to turn further east of the golf course and over me.
Just the other day I was outside having a yapfest with my neighbor and counted 4 or five small planes buzzing overhead (the big jets stay well north of me).

08-29-22.02;48pm.ERAU.LAPS.FlightRadar24.com.jpg

This is the flightline at the University, over 150 planes there as reported years ago when we had a Christmas time not a tornado but windshear incident that damaged pretty much the whole flightline (and several very large buildings).

08-29-22.03;25pm.DAYTONA.WINDY.WEBCAMS.ERAU.FLIGHTLINE.jpg

They have a live webcam on the flightline, and when IAN & Nicole came through that was all bare pavement. Those are all fairly new planes too as the straight-line windshear incident pretty much destroyed every plane.
We get a little bit of a rest during the Holidays when the College kids go home, but there are a couple of other fly-by-night independent schools that cater to the general public year-round. Same for the smaller airport a couple of cities further north. (that they want to expand to accommodate small jets, think Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport).

But pretty much of the whole County gets it all, seems I remember decades ago the residents of the northside of the city were complaining about the late-night flights past midnight.

09-15-22.10;07pm.ERAU.4x.Traffic.jpg

One day recently I was outside hearing them buzz overhead and I thought, oh well a least one hasn't crashed lately, (like in the past 6 months) But whoops I thought too soon...

11-16-22.Pilot Dies After Crashing Experimental Plane in Oak Hill.www.newsdaytonabeach.com.jpg

That's what happens when you move near an airport, you get planes over head. I never understood how people moved in, then complained about the noise, what did you expect, a quiet life like we have out in the country?

I grew up just north of one of the busiest small plane airports in Minnesota, it was weird moving out to the sticks and seldomly hearing a plane go past. Most we get where I am, is crop dusters, or the medical helicopters.

Last edited:
That's what happens when you move near an airport, you get planes over head. I never understood how people moved in, then complained about the noise, what did you expect, a quiet life like we have out in the country?

I grew up just north of one of the busiest small plane airports in Minnesota, it is as weird moving out to the sticks and seldomly hearing a plane go past. Most we get where I am, is crop dusters, or the medical helicopters.
I'm nowhere near the airport being 2.5 miles SE of the nearest runway edge. It's the problem of the University expanding and many other fly-by-night schools popping up. When I check the flight radar for these laps, I also check down south in Miami & Ft Lauderdale at the same time and see no such laps which I surmise is that their large airports are in peak flight time, and they don't want little planes buzzing about pushing the business up this way. The county to the south is also polluted with these flight schools lap traffic.
You know what a 'Fly In' subdivision is? We got several around here, one famous one had John Travolta living there, but he got upset that they wouldn't expand to accommodate is jets like the Jet Fly In in 'Lauderdale (I think they ran him out of there too). Seems he was tired of paying to park his jets at the Daytona Airport, we got rid of him, and he moved to the Jetport in Ocala where he could park and fly his big commercial DC what'eva jet in & out. I haven't heard much noise about the Fly In to the south except for several crashes and I think the residents got them to cut back on the touch & goes. Plus the FAA was on their back about something after one of the crash's.
It's not so much being near the airport it's just the unnecessary traffic that has increased. More planes mean more problems and more likely a crash, seems everyone has short term memory and has forgotten all about Lesa France Kennedy husband's crash. On the talk radio many months ago one of the guests that has a vested interest (flight instructor) in the expansion of the Ormond airport for jets thinks it's OK and would be good for the area. The host objected saying that the city just wanted to get rich jet people in as the realtors were having a hard time selling some multimillion-dollar properties where he said (and he checked) one such property cost 50 grand a year just in property taxes.

boggles the mind.

I was about 6 miles away (as the crow flies) from the airport, a little over twice what you are. And it only handles 30% as much as Daytona international, 364,xxx to 100,000 flights per year. We have no problem selling the stupid expensive houses, generally in the few million dollar range.

I'm nowhere near the airport being 2.5 miles SE of the nearest runway edge. It's the problem of the University expanding and many other fly-by-night schools popping up. When I check the flight radar for these laps, I also check down south in Miami & Ft Lauderdale at the same time and see no such laps which I surmise is that their large airports are in peak flight time, and they don't want little planes buzzing about pushing the business up this way. The county to the south is also polluted with these flight schools lap traffic.
You know what a 'Fly In' subdivision is? We got several around here, one famous one had John Travolta living there, but he got upset that they wouldn't expand to accommodate is jets like the Jet Fly In in 'Lauderdale (I think they ran him out of there too). Seems he was tired of paying to park his jets at the Daytona Airport, we got rid of him, and he moved to the Jetport in Ocala where he could park and fly his big commercial DC what'eva jet in & out. I haven't heard much noise about the Fly In to the south except for several crashes and I think the residents got them to cut back on the touch & goes. Plus the FAA was on their back about something after one of the crash's.
It's not so much being near the airport it's just the unnecessary traffic that has increased. More planes mean more problems and more likely a crash, seems everyone has short term memory and has forgotten all about Lesa France Kennedy husband's crash. On the talk radio many months ago one of the guests that has a vested interest (flight instructor) in the expansion of the Ormond airport for jets thinks it's OK and would be good for the area. The host objected saying that the city just wanted to get rich jet people in as the realtors were having a hard time selling some multimillion-dollar properties where he said (and he checked) one such property cost 50 grand a year just in property taxes.

boggles the mind.

Oh yea here's the past summer small plane crash that I just fogot I had in the picture bin.
Wasn't even 6 months as I thought. Flight Instructor and student, hmmmmm.

08-25-22.Two Killed in Osteen-Area Plane Crash - WNDB.www.newsdaytonabeach.com.jpg

Oh yea even India is aware of the noise pollution, this story a while back was right after WION announced the world population just passed 8 billion. Imagine what it's like to live in a country with 1.4 billion people. India & China they are pretty much tied at 1.4 billion each, who will be first to pass the 1.5 billion mark?

07-27-22.WION.NOISE.REPORT.001.jpg

We have no problem selling the stupid expensive houses, generally in the few million dollar range.
Few Million? Hold my beer...

12-19-22.15 Million Homes for Sale.www.realtor.com.jpg

The one I was looking for that there was some controversy over about on how long it had been on the market for was 12 Million.

12-19-22.5.5 Million Proto Group Condo.www.realtor.com.jpg

This is a condo in the new controversial 'Russian' project that they oh so conveniently hide any Russian reference from all the sales postings these days, duh. I think it's also changed names via a bankruptcy(?) ooops 'restructuring', they ran out of money 2 or 3 times and many subs were stiffed. Who does that sound like? Plus the place got hit hard via IAN & Nicole and the seawall is gone with the 'Infinity Pool' about ready to collapse. This is the penthouse condo on top of the Daytona Grand Hotel/Condo which I thought was under contract long ago via the real estate saleswoman on our local talk radio.
The place is a shoddy shithole from the inside pictures I've seen, reviews are bad too.

There are 2 or 3 new high rises going up right on the beach now that has baffled the beachside residents as to they had no clue or say in these projects. These were empty lots from the 2004 hurricanes, many attempts to get projects going there all to fail. Why they are popping them up now makes me think they are doing it quick before all the fallout of the Surfside Condo collapse requires new building requirements statewide. BTW the settlement in that case is already over a Billion Dollars with many more lawsuits to come.

12-19-22.6.2 Million Home.www.realtor.com.jpg

I forget on how much Betty Frances house sold for after her death several years ago, I think it was in the 4 Million Dollar range. That whole family has a lot of mega rich property here and many of them don't even live here anymore. Brain hasn't been mentioned on the news at all lately since his drink drive spotting's and I think he's up in North Carolina permanently. Betty lived in the family estate in France after her husband's death and only came back to Daytona for the Dale Earnhart statue ribbon ceremony. From a good source of mine I was told she would have a whole gaggle of lawyers get on the corporate jet and fly to France just for her to sign papers. Nascar is in trouble with the new TV deal coming up and I'll bet many of these mega mansions being sold off are theirs or others involved in Nascar ie drivers.

HA! quote of the day "You can't make this **** up" Seems things ain't going too well for the exotic car crowd these daze... first the 4-day old supercar gets in a Hellcat'ified total crash, cars being repossessed and now this. I think they just did (I saw the thumbnail) a video about some new expensive loud exhaust on this car and then drive down the wrong street. <smh emoji>

FWIW, I have a neighbor that does woodworking, or furniture refinishing, or ???
Often well past dark, so I hear it when I take the trash out, etc.
I do a bit of woodworking too, so I'm pretty confident the tool I'm hearing is just a small 5" finish sander.

But the thing is - I can hear it from at least 3 houses away! (I don't complain, of course)

HA! quote of the day "You can't make this **** up" Seems things ain't going too well for the exotic car crowd these daze... first the 4-day old supercar gets in a Hellcat'ified total crash, cars being repossessed and now this. I think they just did (I saw the thumbnail) a video about some new expensive loud exhaust on this car and then drive down the wrong street. <smh emoji>

Shaking my head at all the neighbors who ganged up on this guy, cussed him out, and smashed his windshield while he was just driving through.

But...yeah, "it's all his fault for owning the supercar."

2109 National Ave · 2109 National Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Last edited:

I watched this and I really wanted to scream at this guy "Why did you stop???".

Ask anyone that's had even a minimum of self defense training and they will tell you the best defense is to not let yourself get into a bad situation.

Egos and emotions get the best of people... Got a bunch of construction workers yelling at you?? Just leave... Call 911 from around the corner if you really need to. Don't be stupid and get out of the car with a bunch of angry people for a yelling contest. I don't give two shits and a popsicle if you are armed or an MMA fighting champion. You shoot or beat the crap out of someone, you are the one that now has to reach way deep in your wallet for the lawyers to keep your dumbass out of trouble.... Or you might encounter someone else armed... or tougher than you... and you now end up hurt or dead. This assclown now has a busted (expensive) windshield to replace and it would not have happened if he didn't stop.

Of course, does your Lambo really need to be that annoyingly loud to begin with? Not that means it's OK for the construction workers (who really shouldn't care) to react like that... But geez... I'd rather not have someone with straight pipes rolling through my neighborhood either.

Then again, common sense won't generate "content" for your channel...

I watched this and I really wanted to scream at this guy "Why did you stop???".

Ask anyone that's had even a minimum of self defense training and they will tell you the best defense is to not let yourself get into a bad situation.

Egos and emotions get the best of people... Got a bunch of construction workers yelling at you?? Just leave... Call 911 from around the corner if you really need to. Don't be stupid and get out of the car with a bunch of angry people for a yelling contest. I don't give two shits and a popsicle if you are armed or an MMA fighting champion. You shoot or beat the crap out of someone, you are the one that now has to reach way deep in your wallet for the lawyers to keep your dumbass out of trouble.... Or you might encounter someone else armed... or tougher than you... and you now end up hurt or dead. This assclown now has a busted (expensive) windshield to replace and it would not have happened if he didn't stop.

Of course, does your Lambo really need to be that annoyingly loud to begin with? Not that means it's OK for the construction workers (who really shouldn't care) to react like that... But geez... I'd rather not have someone with straight pipes rolling through my neighborhood either.

Then again, common sense won't generate "content" for your channel...
Hey but it makes for great viral content (staged?) no seriously these TubeStars are wearing out their welcome with they're rev bombing and parking lot takeover fan meetups. The cops in the LA area have been trying to run them out of the country (they are Canadian) via "are you living here" and 'Your license isn't a valid California license". Last speeding loud pipe pullover the DDE guy said Cali sound laws don't apply to his car as it's from Canada :realcrazy: and as far as the speeding ticket goes they have some TicketClinic.com as their sponsor so it was just a whole plug for them. Todays video was with their lawyers (yea they can afford them with the TubeStar income) was a review of the video and the lawyers want to proceed with felony charges and also threat charges with all the bystanders.

It's not just them, there has been a lot of serious supercar crashes in the LA area with just viewing several 'stringer' video channels in the past week. One was a fairly new Corvette on the freeway where the only thing left was a fairly intact cockpit (he survived) then a Ferrari 'California' vs Tesla racing on some canyon road with the Ferrari completely destroyed when it was involved in a head-on from crossing the double yellow. Ferrari driver (71 years old) died, I forget if the other driver died, Tesla took off.

Now these DDE guys I'm sure are reading the writing on the wall as they have opened some business in that Costa Mesa area doing something with exotic cars and I'll bet these homeowners and workers have come across them before in local traffic doing they're antics, so I can understand where they get the grief.

Hey but it makes for great viral content (staged?) no seriously these TubeStars are wearing out their welcome with they're rev bombing and parking lot takeover fan meetups. The cops in the LA area have been trying to run them out of the country (they are Canadian) via "are you living here" and 'Your license isn't a valid California license". Last speeding loud pipe pullover the DDE guy said Cali sound laws don't apply to his car as it's from Canada :realcrazy: and as far as the speeding ticket goes they have some TicketClinic.com as their sponsor so it was just a whole plug for them. Todays video was with their lawyers (yea they can afford them with the TubeStar income) was a review of the video and the lawyers want to proceed with felony charges and also threat charges with all the bystanders.

It's not just them, there has been a lot of serious supercar crashes in the LA area with just viewing several 'stringer' video channels in the past week. One was a fairly new Corvette on the freeway where the only thing left was a fairly intact cockpit (he survived) then a Ferrari 'California' vs Tesla racing on some canyon road with the Ferrari completely destroyed when it was involved in a head-on from crossing the double yellow. Ferrari driver (71 years old) died, I forget if the other driver died, Tesla took off.

Now these DDE guys I'm sure are reading the writing on the wall as they have opened some business in that Costa Mesa area doing something with exotic cars and I'll bet these homeowners and workers have come across them before in local traffic doing they're antics, so I can understand where they get the grief.

:realcrazy:

Neighbors, haha, that why I am being cremated, no neighbors.
I love dumb asses that buy a house on weekends when the highway traffic is minimal, then complain about their poor choice.
There is a downgrade out back of my house 150 yards, state route constant jake or droan from straight pipe diesel trucks including mine (your welcome) over that hill down toward the river is train tracks, with a nice roar and howl of loaded coal trains going to produce electricity for quiet electric cars.

Last edited:
Back