New purchase 1968 NewYorker TNT

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sure some have seen this car before. I barged my way into the owner selling the car. He didn't advertise and didn't really know he was selling till I asked to see the car.l. I had been trying to get a hold of him for the past year. He doesn't come on the forum much and that was the only way I knew how to contact him. I had seen this car perhaps 7-8 years ago at the Mopar night show in Milwaukee and it caught my eye. For some or perhaps many, the car won't do a thing for them, I bought it because this car is near pristine condition and I 'm a detailing kind of guy at this point in my life. I've enjoyed working on my black NewYorker but I hate getting up and down. Here's my latest Chrysler.

DSC07324.JPG

DSC07285.JPG

DSC07306.JPG

DSC07293.JPG

DSC07297.JPG

DSC07296.JPG

DSC07302.JPG

DSC07337.JPG

DSC07326.JPG

DSC07341.JPG

Did the 68 TNT come with those HiPo exhaust manifolds or were they added? I thought TNTs had the log manifolds. Just curious.

Funny, I got some Forward Look glasses from the son of the original owner of that dealer.

Great score! Looks like a lot of '68 NYs out there, other than the TNT engine option. Gold was a good color on those cars. Seems like they were immune from sun fading, too!

CBODY67

That is a great score! The condition looks amazing. Perfect stable mate for your 2 door NYer. I have always liked those vent shades on sedans and wagons too. Great period correct add on.

I want to "Thank-You" for all the thumbs-up and nice comments. I will have to do something about the CB antenna on the rear. Most of my cars I've had to have transported. This one, I drove home perhaps 20 miles. drove nice. If anyone has a source for new 14" tires, I'd appreciate a link (not coker).

Last edited:
. If anyone has a source for new 14" tires, I'd appreciate a link (not coker).
The passenger 22575r14's are of the way of the dodo bird.
Best to get some 15 inch C body road wheels or Mirada 15x7 alloy wheels.
Both look goood on a 68 NYer with 22575r15 or 23570r15.
I have both sets and csn bring them to Volo!
Pm if interested!

Awesome cars Mike. Amazing you find these TNT's, very rare. Seeing the cost as less than $80 it's surprising that it didn't have more takers, a lowly AM radio was $20 more.

Love the gold/green combo! I've always considered that one of the most attractive color combinations in any big car.

Back