New Purchase...First C-Body!

That was my first car I beat it to death. I would change it over to 4 barrel the problem with the 2 barrel is it hesitates. Engine will run much smoother with the 4. I was 17 when I had mine these cars move. I had 400 2 barrel it hesitated but you had to hit right to loose that hesitation. I would look for trouble in that car. I would race who ever found willing to. My friend had a 68 396 Caprice he could never catch me in that car, i beat out a Saab Turbo at short distance with it I would eat 460 Lincolns for breakfast and Cadillacs. I have pinned the speedometer with room I had my foot down not even 3/4 of the way. i might of had 323 in the rear. I had a 69 newport 383 4 and 73 was a faster car. I just bought a Navajo 73 Newport coupe all original 78,000 mi and it was in a climate controlled garage all its life. That car I'am not going to mess around with I will keep it stock and keep the 2 barrel. I 'am sure its a Carter carb you have DSCN0004.jpgThat my 73 Imperial I can kick myself for that sale but I more then doubled my profit. You could see my 69 Newport in the background

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0056.jpgDSCN0023.jpgDSCN0161.jpgThat was my first car I beat it to death. I would change it over to 4 barrel the problem with the 2 barrel is it hesitates. Engine will run much smoother with the 4. I was 17 when I had mine these cars move. I had 400 2 barrel it hesitated but you had to hit right to loose that hesitation. I would look for trouble in that car. I would race who ever found willing to. My friend had a 68 396 Caprice he could never catch me in that car, i beat out a Saab Turbo at short distance with it I would eat 460 Lincolns for breakfast and Cadillacs. I have pinned the speedometer with room I had my foot down not even 3/4 of the way. i might of had 323 in the rear. I had a 69 newport 383 4 and 73 was a faster car. I just bought a Navajo 73 Newport coupe all original 78,000 mi and it was in a climate controlled garage all its life. That car I'am not going to mess around with I will keep it stock and keep the 2 barrel. I 'am sure its a Carter carb you haveView attachment 43813That my 73 Imperial I can kick myself for that sale but I more then doubled my profit. The 69 Newport 383 V4 73 AMC Ambassador 401 V4 69 Cougar 390 V4 3 speed manual

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

Last edited:
Thats funny I had the same 4DR custom very close to same color mine was a shade lighter and i have a GMC Yukon just like the one next to it and another 73 Newport on the way

Very nice. A 4-door hardtop Newport with high-back seats. You don't see many like that.

That was my first car I beat it to death. I would change it over to 4 barrel the problem with the 2 barrel is it hesitates. Engine will run much smoother with the 4. I was 17 when I had mine these cars move. I had 400 2 barrel it hesitated but you had to hit right to loose that hesitation. I would look for trouble in that car. I would race who ever found willing to. My friend had a 68 396 Caprice he could never catch me in that car, i beat out a Saab Turbo at short distance with it I would eat 460 Lincolns for breakfast and Cadillacs. I have pinned the speedometer with room I had my foot down not even 3/4 of the way. i might of had 323 in the rear. I had a 69 newport 383 4 and 73 was a faster car. I just bought a Navajo 73 Newport coupe all original 78,000 mi and it was in a climate controlled garage all its life. That car I'am not going to mess around with I will keep it stock and keep the 2 barrel. I 'am sure its a Carter carb you haveView attachment 43813That my 73 Imperial I can kick myself for that sale but I more then doubled my profit. You could see my 69 Newport in the background

Thanks Scott!! Sweet Newport and Imp!!

Thanks your car looks nice i love the 73's and I'am sure you will enjoy it best of luck. The Imperial was a great car I just had someone offer me a price I could not refuse. I put that Ambassador up because its also a 73 and was built with mopar parts.It had the 401 it was great car too but I had too many at the time

i bought the Ambassador 4 years ago. Its rare car it has the 401 it was in decent shape fort being original. It ran nice i got good money for that car to. Its a car that runs just like a Chrysler it has lots of its parts

Gary my friend, you showed a 70 Sport Fury on motion and all the other mopars parked... Don't get me wrong, I love Fury fuselages. Especially '70 models...

I just can't figure it out why you can't see these fin cars where moving FIRST forward. ;)

Back