SOLD *NEW* Spectra Premium CR20B Gas Tank 67-70 C Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Pete

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a Spectra Premium CR20B Gas Tank for sale. Brand new, has never had gas in it.

Tank was suppose to fit my 65 C Body but it is 1.5 inches too long and a bit wide. Didnt fit my 65 Monaco to my liking, some say it fits for their 65-65 C Body's, but wasnt right for me. Way too tight.

Should fit 67-70 Newports, etc according to the manufacturer. Rear fill with 2 front vent lines by the fuel pump hole (see pictures)

I just paid $300.00 +S&H for it a few months ago. Still in box, has a few minor scratches on it from trying to install.

I can also hand deliver the tank in person to Carlisle for the Chrysler Nationals if interested.

$200.00 OBO, message me if interested. Hope someone can use it!

20180628_203442.jpg

20180628_203500.jpg

20180628_203616.jpg

20180628_203342.jpg

View attachment 194622

Inked20180628_203453_LI.jpg

Inked20180628_203434_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your problems. I would not mind having it as a spare. If no one else who really needs one doesn't buy it, I will take it from you in Carlisle, but again, if someone else really needs it I will bow out.

Bill

Sorry to hear of your problems. I would not mind having it as a spare. If no one else who really needs one doesn't buy it, I will take it from you in Carlisle, but again, if someone else really needs it I will bow out.

Bill

Thanks Bill, If nobody else wants it I will bring it with me to Carlisle for you.

I have that tank in my 1966 New Yorker, It looked like it wouldnt fit but got it up ok after a few minutes of manuvering.

"Tank was suppose to fit my 65 C Body but it is 1.5 inches too long. Don't believe anyone who would tell you that it fits a 65-66 C Body, it doesn't. Should fit 67-70 Newports, etc according to the manufacturer. Rear fill with 2 front vent lines by the fuel pump hole (see pictures)"

I have the same tank in my 66 300. A bit tight but fit with no issues.

I have that tank in my 1966 New Yorker, It looked like it wouldnt fit but got it up ok after a few minutes of manuvering.

"Tank was suppose to fit my 65 C Body but it is 1.5 inches too long. Don't believe anyone who would tell you that it fits a 65-66 C Body, it doesn't. Should fit 67-70 Newports, etc according to the manufacturer. Rear fill with 2 front vent lines by the fuel pump hole (see pictures)"

Yea, in the 65 Monaco it was weird. It sit just a bit too far forward for my comfort. Was afraid the suspension would rub it. It just wasn't good enough to make me feel good about it. I ordered a Vans 65-66 C Body tank. Know it'll fit.

I have the same tank in my 66 300. A bit tight but fit with no issues.

That's right. Very tight! Just wanted something to fit a bit better. Also I have air shocks which are fatter and that I think made the difference.

Yea, yea air shocks. I know, don't joke. Sure im not the only C Body owner who ever had air shocks.

Last edited:
I edited the post, realized i was a bit harsh about what i said concerning the tank fitting a 65-66 C Body. Still too tight for my liking. Glad to hear it worked for some folks. I'm going with the Vans Auto tank.

Made in Canada it says, I had thought these were made in Asia somewhere. Good info. I have a Taiwan unit from Vans Auto...."Leaked when new"

That's right. Very tight! Just wanted something to fit a bit better. Also I have air shocks which are fatter and that I think made the difference.

Yea, yea air shocks. I know, don't joke. Sure im not the only C Body owner who ever had air shocks.

When I bought my tank from Van's, they told me it would not fit with air shocks.

Thanks for everyone's responses. We even tried this tank fitment on a lift. The side clearance with the air shocks was tight, but I think it would have worked.

The major problem I have with the tank is how far forward it sat. The J-bolts didn't even line up. It sits almost 1.5-2.0 inches too far forward. There is no way to get it to sit farther back it is hitting as far back as possible. It sits against where the tank straps hook in by the bumper. Tried it many ways without luck. Fuel line isn't close either.

What did you guys do differently? I know a 65 can't be any different than everyone's 66 cars.

Glad you guys had good luck but my 65 it just doesn't fit.

Thanks for everyone's responses. We even tried this tank fitment on a lift. The side clearance with the air shocks was tight, but I think it would have worked.

The major problem I have with the tank is how far forward it sat. The J-bolts didn't even line up. It sits almost 1.5-2.0 inches too far forward. There is no way to get it to sit farther back it is hitting as far back as possible. It sits against where the tank straps hook in by the bumper. Tried it many ways without luck. Fuel line isn't close either.

What did you guys do differently? I know a 65 can't be any different than everyone's 66 cars.

Glad you guys had good luck but my 65 it just doesn't fit.

I'm just now remembering. . . You gotta use new J-bolts from Van's too with their tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back