New to C bodies…

roelb

Reaction score
I have joined a few weeks ago and it is a great site, thanks!
Bought my first C body a month ago, '66 Fury wagon III. Always wanted a wagon after having a few B and E bodies. Still have a '72 Roadrunner 440 4 speed, all matching nr's here in the UK
To confuse things, I am a South African living in the UK. The Fury I found is in South Africa. I flew out there, bought it and it is safely stored for me. Drove it for a few days, been in the country since new, has 90 K miles, and zero rust. Had a very light respray few years ago, I actually wish they had left it with the patina
As I am very new to poly motors I am a bit in the dark. It is a 318 2 barrel 3 speed and I would love to do something with the motor.
It is very wheezy at the moment and although I realise some of you will frown upon me, I would like to improve the engine/ My idea is to have a sleeper wagon with good solid performance, enjoy the car as a driver when I am there. Would also like to get rid of the 'funeral' look , as my wife desribes it.
I've seen there is a 4barrel intake availble now and perhaps some headers……:poke:
I am really in need of a Mopar I can drive without worrying about numbers matching etc, been there to many times and I am hoping this Fury will be my saving grace..:wav:
Anyway, I am going out there for a month in D 20150606_112124.jpg20150606_112047.jpg20150606_112110.jpg20150531_075524.jpgecember and is going to enjoy the car. I welcome any input and advice:sSig_thanks:

20150606_112124.jpg

20150606_112047.jpg

20150606_112110.jpg

20150531_075524.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Love your wagon and I wouldn't hesitate to do any mods you want to it but I don't think you need to change the look of it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.
I have also been looking at it for more than a year, it belonged to a friend there and he just used it for shows.. It has done more mileage in the 3 days since Ive bought it there than it did in the past few years !
Anyway, I am really exited to get out there in December and just use /work on it:3gears: I have a whole month there, need to sort the brakes( binding) and just general care/maintance

The CPPA Chrysler Power poly intake manifold is a nice piece, its a little pricey but is really the only game in town with modern design really leaves all the older stuff that was avalible in the weeds.

Yep, I am looking at the CPPA intake. I am going to try and get to the states later in the year and hopefully bring one back.
The 440….. defenitely was an initial thought to go BB and auto, but that is too much work
I can get my hands on an old 331 Hemi in SA, but my idea is to keep the Fury as is and just improve the poly engine. I think it will be an exiting adventure:laughing4:

Yep, I am looking at the CPPA intake. I am going to try and get to the states later in the year and hopefully bring one back.
The 440….. defenitely was an initial thought to go BB and auto, but that is too much work
I can get my hands on an old 331 Hemi in SA, but my idea is to keep the Fury as is and just improve the poly engine. I think it will be an exiting adventure:laughing4:

www.moparmecca.com/

Talk to Bill Richardson. He built my poly into a 360 stroker which I just got on the road last week and it runs fantastic. Engine dyno'd at 392hp 390tq in his shop in VA so most likely puts an honest 325 to the wheels. Bill is great to deal with and supplied alot of stuff for me including the Weiand 4 bbl intake, ignition system, mcleod clutch, edelbrock carb, and TTI headers etc. He has a machine shop and will do as much or as little as you want. Bill knows polys as well as anyone.

Back