New to C Bodies

Ouch....That is actually my sister-in-law who is in her mid 30's. Crazy white blonde hair.

That is one fine automobile! Love the road wheels. I have a set I bought after I got the car and was planning on using them but I may have changed my mind. I need a larger diameter wheel to clear some bigger brake calipers. I called Stockton wheel and they can increase the diameter by one size and the width to anything I want but the real problem is the diameter, I really need a 17" wheel and I want to keep a stock...ISH appearance.

Just curious 66/440. What kind of whow do you need for that fine looking '76 long roof that requires such large stopperz that they won't fit the stock 15"s. I went from 14' to 15" wheelz on my '61 long roof when I upgraded to disc front and 2 1/2"X11" drum rearz and dual master and at 5800lbs that puppy stopz right now when I ask it to! And "0" heat up front or rear if and when I keep asking. Haven't had to drag my left foot out the door from 100+ to 0 even once!

Great looking car and welcome to the board! Lotz of really great people here! I am fairly new here as well but everyone has been great and if you have a question I promise you will get and answer even if you don't want to hear it. Right Stan!:poke:

I have a set of 4 piston calipers that I want to use with the stock rotors. This alone would not facilitate the need for the increased wheel size but eventually I want to increase the rotor size and then a wheel size increase becomes necessary. I am trying to find a balance between the factory look and modern engineering. I want to use current tire technology for the handling characteristics. Not really interested in the super low sidewall aspect ratio, would like to maintain the general overall diameter and want a whitewall tire. I can have the whitewalls vulcanized to a later model tire but to get any real handling improvement the sidewall will get shorter so the wheel diameter has to go up to try and maintain a diameter similar to the factory look. I guess I should say that I expect to put 12 to 15 k miles a year on the car and some of it will be pulling a trailer. I wont be doing all the driving and some of the folks who will be driving have not ever driven anything bigger than a Honda so it may be a little bit of overkill but better safe than sorry.

Great looking car and welcome to the board! Lotz of really great people here! I am fairly new here as well but everyone has been great and if you have a question I promise you will get and answer even if you don't want to hear it. Right Stan!:poke:

Thanks! Answers are always welcomed. I have learned to deal with all kinds of answers in married life and in business. I have found that most answers have at lease some positive take-away. It just depends on your attitude and whether it is your wife or your boss supplying the answers.
How long you been in Sachse? I lived in Dallas until '99. Moved overseas and when I came back the job was in Houston.

Thanks! Answers are always welcomed. I have learned to deal with all kinds of answers in married life and in business. I have found that most answers have at lease some positive take-away. It just depends on your attitude and whether it is your wife or your boss supplying the answers.
How long you been in Sachse? I lived in Dallas until '99. Moved overseas and when I came back the job was in Houston.

Bought the house a little over two years ago and before that I was in Garland for almost 2 years and lived in Richardson for about a year before that. I am originally from the south side of Houston. Clear Lake, Friendswood area.

Thank'z for the explaination 66/440. I have a tendency to over engineer thingz at timez too. Makez me feel all warm 'n fuzzy when I do so I can't and won't argue with what anyone else does. Like I said, Just curious, Jer

Do you have more photos? I really like the stance of your wagon, what size tires are you running? Any good recommendations on where to find a 3rd row seat? Mine did not come with option. Actually mine is pretty much a base model. I would like to up grade some things but want to get some of the basics tended to first.

If you are asking me- I'm running stock 15x7 Chrysler road wheels with P235/75/R15 tires. As for 3rd seats...I'd contact Murray Park.

528984_378220135533343_1281208195_n.jpg

everyone has been great and if you have a question I promise you will get and answer even if you don't want to hear it. Right Stan!:poke:
I'll give you the sweat off my azz whether I know less or more than you.
The problem will start when you start to try and convince me I'm blowing smoke out my ***.
We all start out the same.
You sir, if I say 18 GA and you say 10 GA, i'll now go 10 GA every time after that. If not 8... :D

And I still want a debate between just me and the guy who sells that Voodoo box Rev-N-Ator. I woud expose him and put him out of business if he didn't have all his Jonestown fanbois ready to attack.

5ewlkz.jpg

Really beautiful car! Is that original paint? If you have interior photos I would really like to see those especially the third seat and its folding mechanism and associated parts.
You said that you had done a restoration, could you tell me what was done and where you ran into any unsuspected snags? I have some carb issues that I plan on sorting out this weekend and as soon as it's running correctly I am going to start working through known issues,upper control arm bushings to start with, tires etc...
Would be nice to have a heads-up on mechanical parts availability issues and anything else you would like to share.

66/440, Not sure if you're talking to MrC or Me? If you're talking 'bout the stance of the Batwagon, I'm running the identical package tire and wheel size that MrC iz 'Cept for my aluminum snow flakes and I've backed off the torsion barz ah Tad and had the Alignment matched to the "Tweek" so the tail iz stock and the nose iz down 'tween 1 3/4" and 2"s. Interestingly, the issue iz that with the rear view mirror mounted on the dash of the beast I'm watchin' the buzzardz chasing me out the back window all the time. Thank Gawd for the two mirrorz on the fenderz!

Back