New to C-Bodies

Richie

Reaction score
Let me start at the beginning...My first car was a 66 Newport that my father bought new, then gave to me when I turned 17. Over time it rotted away and junked it as it was just an old car.
From time to time I would look at classifieds looking for my fond years driving that Chrysler.
Fast forward to 2014. I now had 14 year old twin boys, and came across a 66 Newport in the same color as the one I used to have. I picked it up in very good condition for $2700. I wanted to teach my boys how to restore a car at home including body work and paint. Well it turned out so well, that people would ask who done it, and now at 21 years old, my sons have done 5 total restorations for other people.

66 Newport.jpg

Welcome from TX! When the '67 Chyrlsers came out, we bought a '66 Newport 4-dr Six-Window Town Sedan. $2995.00 with 7100 miles, after trading-in a '61 BelAir sedan. Our neighborhood grocer bought it for his wife to drive. We were in HIGH COTTON, having "moved UP to Chrysler". I was in 9th grade at that time, so I loved that car. Grew up with it. Took it to college. Drove it to my first job. It's "in rest" in a storage building now. White with tan cloth interior. A GREAT car. MUCH better than similar GM cars, by a long shot. Yours looks very nice! Congrats on what you've accomplished with it and your family!

CBODY67

Last edited:
Very impressive , Welcome!:thumbsup:

I saw your car at the all Chrysler show in Seaside Heights, NJ this past summer. A beautiful car. I see you changed the hubcaps to road wheels, very nice.

Welcome! Glad to see you have joined our ranks. I believe I met you at Carlisle a couple of years ago and was very impressed with your car & the fact that your teenage sons did it. Great job by you for "being the Dad" in showing your sons the old car hobby.

Back