new to forum

hello all, new to forum here and am glad im here. Ive had a 1968 plymouth fury 3 with the 383 super commando for about 5 years now. Thanks matt

This was the nicest original car that I have owned, having just a few scratches, chips and a ding in the rear bumper. It was definitely the nicest boat on the river that day.

There is just something about a car that has been well kept vs. a rebuilt car that may have been run through hell and back.

. 68 FuryIII.jpg

.68 Fury III.jpg

68 FuryIII.jpg

68 Fury III.jpg

This was the nicest original car that I have owned, having just a few scratches, chips and a ding in the rear bumper. It was definitely the nicest boat on the river that day.

There is just something about a car that has been well kept vs. a rebuilt car that may have been run through hell and back. View attachment 4513

.View attachment 4514

Thats a sweet ride, it has 80's written all over it.

There is just something about a car that has been well kept vs. a rebuilt car that may have been run through hell and back.

.View attachment 4513

.View attachment 4514

Holy smokes I never noticed that was a frozen river your parked on before. Bet that was fun!

Holy smokes I never noticed that was a frozen river your parked on before. Bet that was fun!

I didn't do anything stupid with the car out there, but with pickups and Ramchargers and such there was plenty of dumb **** that went on, like practicing 360s on the go and pulling people on sleds etc.

If you notice the missing moulding and smashed fender at the bottom, it was from a time that I ramped up the river bank that the Ram is sitting on at about 30-35 mph. There was a couple teenagers on 4 wheelers that said I was higher than the 10-12 foot tall cedar at the top of the hill, and stated that it was the coolest thing that they had ever seen and told me to do it again... My reply was "fy kma" (No). It was sky, sky, sky, treeline/horizon, ground... ground and damn near straight down at the ground... it bent the licence plate with a 6" suspension lift with 35s, besides buckling both fenders. Had the alignment checked and it was fine, if this was a Chevy I think it would still be sitting there with flowers and a tombstone.

On the Missouri river in the summer we would pull inner tubes in 1 to 2 feet of water with our trucks and I always remember my cousin when I went around a slight curve going into the cat tails and seeing nothing but legs a couple times as he cartwheeled onto shore.

IM000297.JPG
IM000298.JPG

IM000297.JPG

IM000298.JPG

Last edited:
Thats a sweet ride, it has 80's written all over it.

Yup, you are right, I didn't see it at first, but I do notice it now... I drove this from about '86 -'91.

68%20FuryIII.jpg

I would not go as far as Stan's idea, but if I had this car now, I would lose the the pinstipe and mudflaps and I think some Torq Thrusts would contrast nicely with the dark blue.

68%20FuryIII.jpg

Are they " Superior" wheels on there?

Torque Thrusts on blue? What a great idea!!

Last edited:
Yup, you are right, I didn't see it at first, but I do notice it now... I drove this from about '86 -'91.

View attachment 4590

I would not go as far as Stan's idea, but if I had this car now, I would lose the the pinstipe and mudflaps and I think some Torq Thrusts would contrast nicely with the dark blue.

Love the profile of that Plymouth- without the "eighties" of course, lol.

I like your car. In my town there were some folks who lived on one of the main streets who had one of these, light metallic green with a white top. You would drive by it and see it parked in their driveway. I mention it only because they had that car forever. I remember seeing it when it was new as I rode in the back seat of dad's car. I remember seeing it after I got my license and not really thinking about it. And I remember seeing it well into the 1990s and wondering what kind of condition it was in and whether they were still driving it. I should have stopped in and looked at it, but never did. Then one day it was gone. Most likely after being parked outdoors for 3 decades something just got too far gone and it had to be scrapped, but I wish I knew what happened to it. The colors made me think of it as a "summer car", the kind you cruise around in on nice days with the windows rolled down.

Are they " Superior" wheels on there?

Torque Thrusts on blue? What a great idea!!

Grand Prix, I think I bought them in the spring of '86 and not long after I saw the aluminum mods and wished I had waited. Not that I would choose that now...

I remember seeing your car at least three years ago as a print at a Shakopee MN Mopar show and I saw pictures of you car several times here and finally made the connection with one of your Carlisle pictures.

BTW the wheels look really good on it. You have a really exceptional pair of cars if I haven't made the comment in the past. I think I like the '70 tail lights better and the '71 dash better. My uncle bought a '70 Polara 4drht new, it was R6 red with a black gator top and a 383 2bbl.

I like your car. In my town there were some folks who lived on one of the main streets who had one of these, light metallic green with a white top. You would drive by it and see it parked in their driveway. I mention it only because they had that car forever. I remember seeing it when it was new as I rode in the back seat of dad's car. I remember seeing it after I got my license and not really thinking about it. And I remember seeing it well into the 1990s.

I had a similar story here with a really nice gold '68 Monaco 500 2drht with a black top that was always around town for a period of 8-10 years and I talked to them once and they said they would not sell it, and I don't know exactly how long after, but it was gone none the less.

Here's your color combo on a 300... (not mine) but a fitting attachment for my 300th post.
.68 300 (26).jpg

68 300 (26).jpg

Last edited:
That is a very nice 300! I'm sick of the dark greens but I like this lighter green very much. I have been watching a `66 300 in the same or similar color on Ebay for some time now, this- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Chrysle-/280954169912?forcev4exp=true
I really dig that car and am tempted everytime I see it.
Anyway, I'm a big fan of the torque thrusts and am putting together a set of vintage ones for my turquoise `68 RR.

detmatt;21761 I have been watching a `66 300 in the same or similar color on Ebay for some time now said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-Chrysle-/280954169912?forcev4exp=true[/URL]
I really dig that car and am tempted everytime I see it.
Put it out of your mind. A friend of mine looked at it. Rust bucket with a lot of Turtle Wax.

I like the light green metallic colors a lot. Mist Green Mettalic is one of them. I just can't stomach OD Green and dumpster green cars.

Back