A1F47EDF-96ED-4294-B18A-1C2CE01F8656.jpeg

Rubber backing for the old rub strip almost gone

AD5739EF-BF91-422D-B04C-D55544CD5611.jpeg

Crap all gone on this side.

18D7ED45-F8E1-4526-B3CE-27C3D7ACCCBA.jpeg

Man that is one long hood.

FB7B8899-56BD-4AFA-A7D5-7B921C55D61D.jpeg

Will need a new rear view mirror.

Other than that she ran very well but not perfect. Still a slight stumble off idle but now only after warm up. Need to check timing. May be slightly retarded.

Halfway to lunch.... I thought to myself.... ****!!!!!!!...... The Tires! Slowed myself way way down. Brakes definitely much better on the way back.

Last edited:
Lunch trip list:

Check the steering box and links again; over 2” of play. No bueno.

Get rid of rediculous K-mart third brake light.... not that there’s anything wrong with having one but that one is looking total ghetto.

Change to Mopar radiator cap. This Stant one does not seem to be allowing for draw down of coolant. Unless I was really good at purging all the air out of the cooling system it should have drawn some from the reservoir. Good news is I drove it 20 miles (like an old widow) and she reached temp with no leaks. Holding good pressure.

Resnug the valve cover bolts on driver’s side. I smell a little oil burning on that side.

Door lock chrome pulls have seen better days. Replace.

Need lower front passenger door panel. Funny that the drivers side is near perfect but the passenger side has such a bad rear corner. Old ladies elbow must have been very sharp.

Clean clean clean. Car is filthy!

Found that she has an antenna switch. Of course, it doesn’t work.

Thinking about doing the SAAP “Stan’s Antenna Access Panel*” in the inner fender.

*patent pending

Checked on tires.... after a trip to Fedex Miami main hub, should of be flying in tomorrow for delivery..... from down the street!!!!

952268D9-4818-48CF-B18A-1506A9CACCD9.jpeg

Found that she has an antenna switch. Of course, it doesn’t work.

Thinking about doing the SAAP “Stan’s Antenna Access Panel*” in the inner fender.

*patent pending

I would pull the dash pad off and troubleshoot all the antenna switch and wiring before messing with the antenna. Would be a shame to do all that work to get to the antenna to find out it wasn't the antenna.

Lunch trip list:

Check the steering box and links again; over 2” of play. No bueno.

Get rid of rediculous K-mart third brake light.... not that there’s anything wrong with having one but that one is looking total ghetto.

Change to Mopar radiator cap. This Stant one does not seem to be allowing for draw down of coolant. Unless I was really good at purging all the air out of the cooling system it should have drawn some from the reservoir. Good news is I drove it 20 miles (like an old widow) and she reached temp with no leaks. Holding good pressure.

Resnug the valve cover bolts on driver’s side. I smell a little oil burning on that side.

Door lock chrome pulls have seen better days. Replace.

Need lower front passenger door panel. Funny that the drivers side is near perfect but the passenger side has such a bad rear corner. Old ladies elbow must have been very sharp.

Clean clean clean. Car is filthy!

2" play is normal.....even for Formal's. I have found the idler arm to be the common worn out part on both of my Formal's.

Hard to find good Formal door panels. Be very careful removing them....the clips pull out of fiber backing board part of the door panel. You might discover that the door panel you have may be better than one you can find.

I would pull the dash pad off and troubleshoot all the antenna switch and wiring before messing with the antenna. Would be a shame to do all that work to get to the antenna to find out it wasn't the antenna.
That was the plan but I’m pretty sure it’s the antenna. Fuse is good. Probably bad ground.

2" play is normal.....even for Formal's. I have found the idler arm to be the common worn out part on both of my Formal's.

Hard to find good Formal door panels. Be very careful removing them....the clips pull out of fiber backing board part of the door panel. You might discover that the door panel you have may be better than one you can find.
Hope that I can find one better than this...

5D545111-5F7C-4A23-B073-806D4C0B5FC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Parts are all in for the A/C.....

12866CD4-BA32-417F-B8AF-C126F03F6406.jpeg

Stood up the compressor so that the oil can drain to the sump overnight. Will be bringing rest of the Freon in tomorrow.

Last edited:
Was able to get the last of the black rubber off the driver’s side. All done now.

Except, of course for the hand rubbing of the paint to get rid of the ghost in the paint

7CC1D266-F901-4348-8F4F-B113BDA03869.jpeg

And was able to take care of two little things. Removed the seat belt extender the PO had installed and got the reading lights to work with a couple of bulbs

1E4ADAA3-D30C-4A0E-9D8D-44CA65DA3FBA.jpeg

And with that... I went home to dream of ATC II’s and cleaning leather and antenna switches and SAAP’s

Good night.

1E4ADAA3-D30C-4A0E-9D8D-44CA65DA3FBA.jpeg

Last edited:
Impossible. Every Imp/NYB has that annoying misalignment. It's even like that in their brochures.

They never got that bumper stamping right.
We’ll see about that. If it can be done it will be done

I am not above using a torch in the name of aesthetics!!!

Back