New to the site. Here's my new ride.

63Imperial

Reaction score
So, awhile ago I totalled my Valiant. Slant six, 3 speed 904 torqueflite with B&M full race shift kit. I started a project where I was going to rebuild this 360 my brother gave me, and I never got to finish it, because of the accident. Luckily I was okay, as was the driver whose fault it was. I put money down on a 1963 Imperial yesterday, which is the replacement car for the totalled Valiant. Up until now, I've only ever owned two cars: 1974 Dart, and 1975 Valiant. Both had the same slant six in them (Out of 1980 Diplomat). So here I am with a car twice the size of the ones I had previously, with a big 413 in it! I skipped small block and went straight to BB. Here are some pics of my "new" car. From Texas, no rust, original paint. Only 86,555 original miles. Very clean. And everything electric works. Fresh rebuilt motor, no miles on rebuild (YET).

20150425_174359.jpg

20150427_173327.jpg

20150427_174942.jpg

20150427_175329.jpg

20150427_180049.jpg

Those were nice, well built cars and yours has a lot of options including front and rear a/c. Original paint is always a plus so that you know there are no previous repairs hiding out. Once you own one of the big ones, you will probably never look back at the A bodies. The closest car that I have time-wise to yours is a 1962 Chrysler 300H. Welcome!

300H #2.jpg

300H #2.jpg

Killer Imp you have the Rest! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Nice 300. What's the H for though? I've never heard that before. I'm really interested in Mopars, and could tell you everything about A bodies, but I'm only 19 and haven't had much experience with the big dogs. Hopefully I can get some accurate info on this site. Lol thanks

The H refers to the year of the car, being a 1962 model. And that imperial of yours is very nice, almost exactly the same as one i owned but mine was white.

I fell in love with Imperials when I drove my half brother's dad's 1964. He had a 63 for parts. My brother and I just finished his 1967. Ever since I got into the driver's seat of that 64, I absolutely had to have one. I had two main automotive goals to reach before I kicked the bucket, one being to completely restore my first car (Nothing special, 1974 Dart Custom 4 door, slant six, automatic, but I would put a 4 speed with a 383.) And my second goal, to own an Imperial. I really didn't care what year, but 1963 was special since it was Virgil Exner's last design. So, I got one down!

Thanks, Steve! I try my best to separate myself from the stereotypes of young kids, especially the ones of my generation. It's embarrassing to be considered a youth today, being disrespectful and downright just stupid, not to mention lazy and tasteless. I've always had an interest in classic cars, not only Mopars but Nash, Rambler, AMC, etc. I'm not what most people consider a stereotypical young adult. I like old school ****. Led Zeppelin is the best band in the world, and Chryslers from 1980 back are my style. I wish I had been born in the 50s, so I could have experienced all the great things I love. So, coming from you, that's a huge compliment! Thank you!

Probably the best way to explain the letter series cars is on this 300 Club Website link. You will find some background there.

A guy like you that is 19 will be an interesting sight in that Imperial of yours. Good for you!

http://www.chrysler300club.com/letterhistory/History.htm

Steve

Thanks, Steve! I try my best to separate myself from the stereotypes of young kids, especially the ones of my generation. It's embarrassing to be considered a youth today, being disrespectful and downright just stupid, not to mention lazy and tasteless. I've always had an interest in classic cars, not only Mopars but Nash, Rambler, AMC, etc. I'm not what most people consider a stereotypical young adult. I like old school ****. Led Zeppelin is the best band in the world, and Chryslers from 1980 back are my style. I wish I had been born in the 50s, so I could have experienced all the great things I love. So, coming from you, that's a huge compliment! Thank you!

I have great kids, but I wish they shared your passion for the iron. I am afraid all of my cars will end up on craigslist for pennies on the dollar, some day after I am gone.:pixie:

Welcome to the site Mr. Brougham! I am on FABO too and read your plight with your A body, glad you and the other driver were ok. I'm also glad you made the right choice and got a different car instead of rebuilding a potential safety hazard.

Great choice on the Imp! Talk about a car with character. It looks like a solid car. Plenty of info and help here, these guys know their stuff.

As for being 19, I don't think it matters with us. I never would have guessed your age by the posts I've seen on FABO, I just thought you were very level headed.

I look forward to seeing you cruising around in that monster of a car!

Well said!! Welcome to the club! That is a beautiful imp. I love the way the headlights are perched up on those! Very nice!

Good for you, you went for it, not many of those cars around, and they are great cars.
I'm sure the Imperial will serve you well.

How I found the car? Good luck and good timing! I work at an auto parts store in Calcutta, Ohio. The seller came in with all the info on the car on a notepad, and he knew my brother from previous dealings they had with each other. So this is before I totalled the Valiant, and I couldn't really afford another car, as much as I wanted it. So I called my brother, told him the guy wanted to sell the car, and he said he didn't have room for another. So a few days later, wrecked the Valiant, and got my settlement money. Guy walks into my work again, with a price of $2500, which was 2 grand less than the original offer. ALSO, the EXACT amount I got from the accident. My brother still declined, not having room. So I told the guy I'd take a look at it. Now here I am, money down, picking her up this weekend!

Back